Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Competition Advantage

ssminnow
ssminnow
United States
2004/03/24, 09:36 PM
I am not sure if anyone has ever heard of this or if it would help, but i figured i would put it out there in case it can help someone. I saw on tv this method of tanning, where they airbrush the tan on to the body. I know this has been around for a while, but they do it in a special way to accentuate the muscles and make them appear larger and more defined. I guess they use highlights and lowlights. I am not sure if this is for people with little muscle tone or if it could help a body builder in competition. check it out. lemme know what you think. i don't think this would be considered cheating or unethical since tanning is a big part of the sport.

--------------
Don't sweat what you have no control over... WILL IT MATTER IN A HUNDRED YEARS....
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/25, 07:36 PM
Alot of competitors do use that method to bring out some more definition. I have seen it and I did kind of do it at my last show for my abs but the sweat washed away the lowlights:(:(:(

--------------
Baseball is wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk.

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/03/25, 08:51 PM
Yes, you actually kind of draw lines around your muscles to bring out more definition. Kind of tricky, if not done right it can backfire on you. I also did it with my abs, and around the biceps, I don't think we did a very good job though, and I was a bit hesitant to let her put on too many coats of this just in case.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com