Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

how do i look?

starr_y2k1
starr_y2k1
United States
2004/03/22, 02:44 PM
I am having trouble. I have siffered from an eating disorder and am anxious to lose weight the right way. My boyfriend and I are trying this site to help improve my odds. My lifestyle has changed in a 180 lately. i am not working and therefore not active. I used to dance and that was my excersice but without a job paying for a studio is out of the question. I am not used to being overweight and hate the way it makes me feel. I am not extremely overweight but need to lose about 15 pounds and tone my body. I have a probelm with sweets and tend to eat a lot of them. I even sometimes hide food but I just end up feeling guilty and wanting to purge myself. I just need some advice and support as to how I can slim down, keep it off, and be able to not go back to doing things that are bad for me, my body, and my life.

--------------
smiles, tears, & rainbows ...
neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/03/22, 05:00 PM
you think you want to lose 15 pounds, but is this an opinion of you alone or boyfie and friends too? Just to ensure it's not an obsession.
Like everybody else in the world and here, you and I both know the rules... Diet is an awful word and what is more important is a permanent- healthy eating plan for life..

So we start with six small balanced meals a day minimum to keep a fat burning metabolism switched on (A FACT)..
Cut out or down, egg yolks, fatty pork etc, full milk, salt, sugar, white breads and rice/pasta..
Eat more fish, chicken, fruit, veg...

Lately my evening sweets have become plain yogurt and fresh strawberries. Mornings being hot oats as it's one of the best metabolism boosters... trying to lay off carbs off a late evening though, but that's hard...

plan a diet you think you can stick to for life and keep those fresh goodies prepared in the fridge. If you have enough small meals you'll never have to be guilty for cheating...
Good luck and keep posting how you are doing or for advice search fit buddy.. this site is great for advice and motivation..
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/03/24, 02:14 AM
Try to go out for some long walks. It burns calories and clears the mind. Also you could put on some great music back home and then dance all you can, or what about all the work out videos?
You need to have some sort of physical activity. It'll help you to think about something else than your diet!
Plan your diet each day and then keep to it. Prepare your meals and take at least two big bottles of water.

Hope that helps. :)

Now if you really need some kind of sweets then get the sugarfree ones. You can get them here:
http://nme-pro.com/group.asp?group=102
howdiekat
howdiekat
United States
2004/07/21, 10:55 PM
can we delete the above post please?

--------------
i wish you ill, ice-t.

margarine is a liar who announces, \"i am butter!\"
2004/07/21, 11:07 PM
That took care of it.

--------------
Foolish consistancies are the hobgoblins of small minds.

Charlie
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/07/26, 07:50 PM
what wa said? what post?

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

2004/07/26, 07:53 PM
It was extremely offensive BA. Adrian or George ripped out the whole post.

--------------
Waterskis with buffalos

Charlie
migo
migo
Canada
2004/08/31, 08:54 AM
Would have been better to leave a place holder there, I was getting confused as there was a new above post.