Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

I am getting afraid

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/16, 11:44 AM
lucy - it takes time for your body to adjust and stabilize. Stop weighing yourself, find a routine you enjoy, focus on strength and health. Your weight wil fluctuate for a while, then drop, or at least your size will go down and your weight will stay the same or go up because of muscle and increased blood volume, etc.

Advice is just that, advice.

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
rickyshot
rickyshot
United States
2004/05/31, 02:56 PM
Lucy. I fear you have damaged your metabolism by your condition and starving yourself and fear of food. you would need a good year to stabilize if you follow Mutts advice on a good diet. You NEED to eat. And if you can't find yourselft to do it for fear of gaining or other reasons, get to a good therapist fast. Your very life depends on it. Asim has been there and is not being harsh or judgemental. She won't fall for any manipulations cause she probably did them all. Your first job is not what you are eating but figuring out what is eating you. You will never get anywhere till you face the demons of eating disorder. And there is help out there. I pray you get it and wish you all theluck. In the meantime I am sure I can speak for most people that you are welcome to these boards.
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages