Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

---The Jell-o Effect---

BethyAnn
BethyAnn
United States
2004/02/24, 01:16 AM
I was wondering what effects jell-o would have on my competition diet. I'm 8 weeks out and have used jello in my off season training as a "safe way to cheat" on my diet. How close to competition can I eat it and is it healthy at all anyway? I know I have to nix the Fat Free cool whip I've been puttin on the top but lose my jello?? :( A little info and help here would be very much appreciated
Thanks so much
:)-BethyAnn-
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/02/24, 12:26 PM
I think as long as you stay within your calorie allowance, 10 calories per serving fat-free, sugar-free jell-o shoud be okay.
But I will defer to bbfit, if he thinks differently....

--------------
"To be able to go to the gym and train hard is a joy and a privelege, even though the hard work necessitates driving yourself through considerable discomfort. Savor this privelege and blessing, and revel in it."
Stuart McRobert, Beyond Brawn
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/02/29, 10:35 AM
I used jello quite often, and still do on comp diets. I use alot for flavorings, like on cottage cheese, etc. It will not hurt you. I would and always do taper off the last 2 weeks though for saftey,just as I do all condiments.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2004/03/03, 11:54 PM
SF Jello is a free food on a competition diet. I agree with bbfit and would drop it two weeks out. I hate jello so I depend on cucumbers when I am starving.

--------------
Leslie
"Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed."