Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

bulky thighs

queenaerobics
queenaerobics
United States
2004/02/02, 01:28 PM
I have been lifting weights for 6 years. I have a problem with my upper legs. The back of my legs are finally shaping up nicely, along with my butt(which used to be flat). I noticed that my pants are getting tighter around my thighs from the muscle growth. I do legs hard core on Saturdays. I do step ups, straight leg dead lifts, front lunges, plites (sp?), reverse lunges, and back extensions. I then take a spin class. I do cardio 6 days a week for 45 minutes with about an 80% hr, and lift 4 days a week. I eat 6 meals a day, consisting of one carb and one protein, and veggies. I just need some help with leg excercises that will trim not bulk my legs. Maybe I am lifting too heavy? Thanks for any information!
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/02/02, 02:06 PM
Yea if your not wanting big bulky legs back off the weight a lil bit and do more reps, usually when I give a girl a work out on the cheerleading squad I keep the reps over 12 so that she's not to use a bunch of heavy weight ......also i see your doing alot ofstep ups and lunges and stuff, and those are god excercise but they do bulk up the quad quite a bit,( at least on me lol) do some leg extension at the end of your work out or supstatute it for something else and do lota and lots of reps................however with you doing that much cardio and doing all those excercise and aerobics thats alot of legs rather you realize it or not..........but hay tight pants on a girl isn't a bad thing:)

--------------
---andrew.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!

LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR!!
queenaerobics
queenaerobics
United States
2004/02/02, 02:25 PM
no, you are right, tight pants do look good on a girl. I have finally accepted the fact that I am have a curvy shape. I want to lose the fat that is on top of the muscle. So, you think if I drop the weight, and do 15 reps, that might help? I do about 12 reps now.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/02/02, 02:29 PM
yea that might help.............are you doing a complete range of motion......eg. all of the squat and lunge not just the top half.......if you don't go full range then the muscle fibers " shorten" up and apear bulky........do you stetch? how much of proetin ar eyou eating? how many carbs....... ....if your wanting to tone up you need to try to cut some calories some where

--------------

queenaerobics
queenaerobics
United States
2004/02/02, 02:30 PM
no, you are right, tight pants do look good on a girl. I have finally accepted the fact that I am have a curvy shape. I want to lose the fat that is on top of the muscle. So, you think if I drop the weight, and do 15 reps, that might help? I do about 12 reps now.
queenaerobics
queenaerobics
United States
2004/02/02, 02:33 PM
I am eating according to Body for Life. I eat 6 meals a day:
1-cottage cheese/oatmeal
2-egg whites/oatmeal
3-turkey breast/sweet potato/broccoli
4-egg whites/oatmeal
5-same as 3
6-same as 1
I think I am doing a full range of movement. I do the lunges and step ups with 25 lbs.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/02/02, 02:36 PM
what time are these meals? carbs after 7 pm should be minimal........if i was trying to loose a lil weight i would cut the carbs outta meal 6.......and the sweet potato at 5...........eat more green vegies they have good fiber that helps flush fat outta your system.........and if you like drink a protein shake... believe it or not they have lil crbs and our cheaper and easier then whole food........................have you every tried circuit training?

--------------

queenaerobics
queenaerobics
United States
2004/02/02, 02:42 PM
I only get out of the gym at 8 pm, so it is after 7.
1- 6am
2- 9am
3- noon
4- 2:30pm
5- 5pm
6- 8pm
I did do circuit training a couple of times, but not consistently. What do you recommend?
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/02/02, 02:53 PM
well if i was you i would drink a protein shake after your work out.........then a few mins before I went to bed eat somthing solid and healthy, chicken breast with green vegies or somthing.....try yams instead of sweet potatoes they have lower glycomic carbs and want cause an insulin spike as much.......if you wanna loose body fat your gonna have to cut calories plan and simple.........and if you do all that traing that involves legs they they will be bigger unfortunally

--------------

queenaerobics
queenaerobics
United States
2004/02/02, 03:02 PM
actually, they are yams...I don't like sweet potatoes, I just call them that...alright, I'll tweak my program and see if something helps...I am only eating about 1300 calories a day, so I don't know where I should cut??
HeadyBear
HeadyBear
Ireland
2008/01/29, 05:57 PM
Help.. i got fat thighs and i wanna get rid of them??? (^.^)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/01/30, 09:38 AM
well, get your workouts in order, get your eating plan in order, be consistent and you should see changes within a few months.