Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Pre Comp Workout

medjeski326
medjeski326
United States
2004/01/23, 08:40 AM
Training to Compete, Can only get to gym once a day in the evenings, I know most popular workouts call for twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Can I still achieve the same results by going once a day, coupled with a Pre-Comp diet? And anyother helpful hints, on Competeing for the first time, would be great. I am 24 years old, 6ft tall, 210 lbs. Have hit a plateau on bench at 320. Best assest, Would be huge back, and shoulders, which I think with some refining could be one of the best, and so does a few of the guys at the gym that already compete. Thanks for any help anyone could give.
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/01/23, 11:38 PM
I did once a day and competed...its all about diet and cutting calories, working on poses and having symmetry. Don't worry about your bench, that will go right down the toilet as you near competition time...just one of the drawbacks of competing. look on this posting area for a post from a couple of months ago called "BB1FIT I heard you're the man and its posted by me. there's good info to get you started there.

--------------
May the lift be with you.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/01/24, 08:34 AM
How far out from your competition are you?
My training partner and I switched our training to more circuit type training a few weeks out to refine and burn more calories.
If you get into a tight spot, you may just have to get up 1/2 an hour early and run in(or do jumping jacks, or whatever gets your heart rate up) place for twenty minutes, or go to the second hand store and pick up a cheap exercycle, I actually picked up a new one at sportmart for $89, it isn't fancy, but for that extra metabolic boost, doing cardio am/pm made a big difference in my precomp fat-burning.

--------------
"To be able to go to the gym and train hard is a joy and a privelege, even though the hard work necessitates driving yourself through considerable discomfort. Savor this privelege and blessing, and revel in it."
Stuart McRobert, Beyond Brawn