Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

cortisol?

newbreed
newbreed
United States
2004/01/22, 12:50 PM
I was reading some of the old posts just to get some good information cause there is a ton of stuff here and I recommend it to anyone just for good correct information. Anyway, I was reading a post by BB1, who in my opinon is god on this site, he was talking about preventing the cortisol process post workout, I think he was saying to stop this you need to stock up on glutamine and bcaa's, is this correct, and what are some good choices of these. Also, is whey blended with raw oats with a little bit of soy milk a good PRE-workout shake even though it is liquid? Thanks guys, this site offers so much information on how to live and be healthy so a big thanks to all of the members and the moderators and especially bb1fit who drops some ridiculous knowledge down on all of us!

newbreed
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/01/22, 11:03 PM
If it wasn't liquid, it wouldn't be a shake.lol I'm glad you have found your own faith in BB1...does that make you BB1-ish? To stop cortisol, you must create an insuline spike by using malto/dextrose(50/50 mix...use powder Gatorade if you can't to a store right away. Use 1/2 your body weight in grams of the maltodextrine(example:you weigh 200lbs, use 100 grams to create the insuline spike.) Do this 'immediately' after your workout. Then, quickly down half of your whey protein, then slowly sip on the rest for the next 45min-1hour.

--------------
May the lift be with you.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/01/23, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the kudos, just try to help folks out. The glutamine/bcaa regimine is more for when bodyfat gets low, like getting to competition levels, and a protection regimine for instance before HIIT cardio or your workout before and after to prevent breakdown of lean tissue when calories are at a premium and not enough to recover from a brutal workout. Will also help sway toward fat burning at this point which is now your primary goal and preserving lean mass.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....