Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Competing

shavondebrown
shavondebrown
United States
2004/01/01, 07:32 PM
When competing, flexibilty play s a major part. I was wondering how can do I train to increase my flexibilty to do splits and other things that require a wide range of motion.

--------------
It's not what we eat or drink occasionally, but what we consume on a daily basis that determines our ongoing level o health.

formerfatguy.com
Not sure of author
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/01/02, 11:32 AM
Stretch and do the specific movements.
Check and see if any gymnastics gyms near you have an open gym night - that is where you want to go.

I am guessing you mean competing in fitness comps. Those gals are amazing!
I think most have dance/cheerleading/gymnastics backgrounds, so look for any classes or instruction you can get in those areas.

The only wy to get better at the splits is to keep doing the splits....

Good luck!

--------------
"To be able to go to the gym and train hard is a joy and a privelege, even though the hard work necessitates driving yourself through considerable discomfort. Savor this privelege and blessing, and revel in it."
Stuart McRobert, Beyond Brawn
shavondebrown
shavondebrown
United States
2004/01/04, 01:02 PM
Thank you very much.

--------------
It's not what we eat or drink occasionally, but what we consume on a daily basis that determines our ongoing level o health.

formerfatguy.com
Not sure of author
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/01/05, 02:08 AM
I think that some people are just more flexible than others...
Myself, I have to work so hard and I still don't that I'm very flexible.
Yes, those aerobic/fitness girls are truly amazing and yes, the most of them have all been gymnasts for years.....

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
shavondebrown
shavondebrown
United States
2004/01/05, 12:03 PM
So, do you perform in any competitions? I am trying to get a plan so that I can begin some serious training on my return.

--------------

formerfatguy.com
Not sure of author