Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Broken Collar Bone

olemanbmxer
olemanbmxer
United States
2003/12/15, 09:24 AM
I broke my right collar bone on the 7th of November. I pretty much have full motion back but still a little stiff. How much longer should I wait to start a work out routine? Has anyone else experience with this kind of injury. This was the first time I have ever broken a bone so its kind of new to me.

--------------
Erik
SSgt, USAF
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/01/31, 09:36 PM
Wait about 4-5 months for a collar bone injury. Collar bone injuries are the most serious break (second on in amount of pain to a rib, I've broken both), especially when it comes to lifting, because you use your shoulders in everything, even your leg work outs. Its not really possible to take it easy, because everything, squats, deadlift, bench, curl, clean, it all involves shoulder movement. When I tried to return to lifting the most painful lifts were squat and deadlift, even more painful than bench press. It also depends on how bad the break was. If you haven't felt any pain in a while, you can resume light lifting, but no maxing out for a while.

--------------
\"I get up in the morning around six to run for about an hour. Later in the day, I lift with a partner. Following my lifting sessions, I usually do speed and agility drills. Later, I drill all my holds and moves.\"

\'Isnt that lifestyle boring?\'

\"Yes, but the gold medal is very shiny.\"
Ichiguchi
Olympic Gold Medalist