Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

MAX-OT

Firehawk734
Firehawk734
United States
2003/11/16, 11:53 PM
Your opinion of it.

I stumbled onto it the other day and have been reading extensively about it. Until now, ive been doing Body for life, but it seems to me that perhaps MAX-OT is better, especially if i can make good muscle gains and lose fat at the same time.

Opinions?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/11/17, 03:10 PM
It has its place. If you have a large distribution of fast twitch fibers, it may work well for you. Their downfall is the fact that they are stubborn and a one type workout is for all. This is not true. How many times have you seen a guy next to you doing a certain workout,growing like crazy, and you do it only to not grow at all? A blend of workouts are appropriate, constant changing. Max ot will work for you for a while, but change it up after a few weeks. Good luck to you.

--------------
Great people never want it easier, they just want to be better!
Ron
mtlong33
mtlong33
United States
2003/11/19, 08:30 PM
I have had great results with this program. I don't know if it is a physical thing, or more of a mental thing, but I made some impressive gains. I am getting back on the program next week after a while off due to injury and laziness. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

--------------
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
2003/11/23, 10:38 PM
Let us KNOW mtlong33. Im interested in the results. Might do it myself.
Firehawk734
Firehawk734
United States
2003/11/30, 05:40 AM
Im probably going to stick with Body for Life until i can drop some fat off my body and then when I am about 15%body fat im going to start this program. I just wanted to hear any reviews on it from people who hvae tried it.

Thanks
Ogun
Ogun
United States
2003/11/30, 05:50 PM
Does anybody have a good link to a free MAX OT program? I found this http://www.muscleoverload.com/max-ot/maxot.shtml but I was hoping for a more professional, more generalized approach.

--------------
--There are no versions of the truth.--
Jeff Goldblum, Jurassic Park II
Firehawk734
Firehawk734
United States
2003/11/30, 06:09 PM
www.ast-ss.com is their website.

The huge PDF file on MAXOT is here...

http://www.freedomfly.net/Documents/MAX-OT.pdf
Ogun
Ogun
United States
2003/11/30, 06:16 PM
Merci, mon ami.
temperoath
temperoath
United States
2004/01/13, 03:11 PM
I tried this program last year, and it worked pretty decently for the 13 weeks I did it. I gained about 10 pounds. You can create your own "MAX )T" Style program yourself. Include exercises you want to do and just make sure that you always use heavy weight. This is the main reason I believe I gained weight. Its not that its a miracle program. It just uses basic physical facts. Heavy weight= Get big. I always use heavy weight when lifting, otherwise I feel its a waste of my time. It amazes me that some people think that doing high reps, lower weight will get them cut. Low fat makes your muscles appear. Heavy weight gets them bigger. If you have low fat with bigger muscles...Voila...you are big and cut. The bigger your muscles, the bigger impression they make through the skin. Your muscles only grow if they have to. lifting weight that your muscles struggle with will force them to grow to lift that weight easier. Anyways, Im going overboard! I'll Stop now!
temperoath
temperoath
United States
2004/01/13, 03:12 PM
I tried this program last year, and it worked pretty decently for the 13 weeks I did it. I gained about 10 pounds. You can create your own "MAX )T" Style program yourself. Include exercises you want to do and just make sure that you always use heavy weight. This is the main reason I believe I gained weight. Its not that its a miracle program. It just uses basic physical facts. Heavy weight= Get big. I always use heavy weight when lifting, otherwise I feel its a waste of my time. It amazes me that some people think that doing high reps, lower weight will get them cut. Low fat makes your muscles appear. Heavy weight gets them bigger. If you have low fat with bigger muscles...Voila...you are big and cut. The bigger your muscles, the bigger impression they make through the skin. Your muscles only grow if they have to. lifting weight that your muscles struggle with will force them to grow to lift that weight easier. Anyways, Im going overboard! I'll Stop now!