Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Ok ... How does this work ?

laneylou
laneylou
United States
2003/10/28, 03:40 AM
Ok, here comes my book ...

I've been trying to lose weight for almost 2 years now. It seems like I try, and it doesn't work, I quit and it does work. I think I've lost like 17 pounds. Doesn't feel like it and doesn't look like it.

Is that just because when I'm trying it's not had time to work yet and then when I'm quitting it's starting to work? Was that confusing? hehe Sorry if so.

Do you just know what foods to eat by learning or reading on here or what? It seems like that's an AWFUL lot of food they're suggesting to eat on here for calories, carbos and proteins especially. I don't know if I'm doing this right or not. Should it all be broken up into smaller meals like every 2 hours or every four hours? I don't know how anyone would have time to think about eating that much every day. And I work at home part time and am a house-girlfriend (not wife yet, teehee!) ;) I'm usually just exhausted on the house work thing, let alone working the part time job too.

As for my food on here when I get to the total amount of fat grams, I quit for the day. The calories, proteins and carbos never get met. So apparently I'm eating the wrong foods?

I'm eating just like I was before 'cept I don't put a bunch of butter or cheese on potatoes, I just put some butterbuds and some salad toppins(low fat sunflower seed, etc mixture). Is that what I really need to do is just change what fats I'm eating?

I'm taking vitamins every day like I should and it says on here that I'm getting the right amount of "most" of the vitamins. What should I eat to get more phosphorus and magnesium? Hope I spelled those correctly. heheh

I'm still working on the working out thing. I have been "Trying" and trying being the key word here... to work out every Mon, Wed, and Fri to Gilads Bodys in Motion on TV. I tape it on my Tivo box and do the workout three times a week. Then the next day I'm so sore I can hardly stand up. hehe That part sucks! But I'm still trying to do as much as I can. Seems like when I take an asprin I do better though. Should I just keep working out and taking the asprin?

Ok ... what are all of your suggestions? And how do I keep "WANTING" to work out? The only thing that's really keeping me working out right now is the fact that the witch in the apartment underneath us tried to sleep with my boyfriend while I was out of state. And the sound of me jumping and the TV being blasted annoys the heck out of her. LOL Sorry. I know that's a horrible reason! But it's working!

The thing is, we're moving in two weeks. I need to think of a new motivation. hehehe None of those neighbors have ticked me off yet. LOL Just kidding. What do you all use for motivation?
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/10/28, 04:56 PM
The only motivation that works comes from within yourself. If you want to you will and if you don't you won't. Sorry that is not very inspirational. If I look in the mirror and think, 'what the hell, I don't look that bad', I will blow off the cardio and cut my workouts short. so I don't do that. I have clothes i want to fit into. I found a woman with a body similar to mine, only FIT, and taped up pics of her all over. In my pantry, over my nightstand, on my bathroom mirror, on my PC. Everywhere I look I see what I 'can' look like if I stick with my workouts and eating plan. Cutting out all but the 'good fats' will helo you reach your goals. It can be done. Yes eat every 3 hours or so. Eventually you will get used to it and your body will be telling you when it's time to eat. If you are not working out, you probably need fewer calories. This is a lifestyle and doing it halfway won't give you the results you want. Good luck.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
laneylou
laneylou
United States
2003/10/29, 01:26 AM
Well, I did awesome today!

I missed my workout yesterday so I did yesterday and today's workouts today, plus did the walking for 25 minutes, ate everything to where it's the first day that it said excellent by calories, proteins, carbos, and fats, and all of the vitamins say excellent as well.

I was proud. teehee! Do you get to have a cookie or something when you do that good? Or just a swift kick in the butt to tell you do it again tomorrow? lol (I'm only kidding about the cookie). hehe

It felt really good. I'm a bit sore right now but I'm going to take an asprin before I go to bed so I won't be as stiff tomorrow.
laneylou
laneylou
United States
2003/10/29, 01:29 AM
By the way azredhead57,

I really appreciate all of your input on things for me. It's been helpful and hopefully this time I can keep going.

:)

Guess I need to find myself a moral support Buddy. teehee!
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/10/29, 03:31 AM
Hi Laneylou.
You got to believe in something..... I mean you got to fix a date and a promise to yourself that you'll succeed. We only got this one body and WE decide how we'll treat it. Be stronger than the others and be proud of yourself after each work out or a day without any diet cheating.

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
laneylou
laneylou
United States
2003/10/29, 11:59 AM
Thankies Philia2. :) I'll sure try. Can't guarantee anything, but I'll sure try.

What do you do on a day that you're too stiff to work out, like I am today? I did the full work out thing yesterday and my legs are so sore! It doesn't really hurt real bad or anything, just super super stiff. hehe UGH!

I am taking an asprin right now to see if it'll help the stiffness.

Deby
Deby
United States
2003/10/29, 12:22 PM
You should not workout the same muscles every day, you need to rest them at least 24 hours. Like do upper body one day and lower body the next day.

--------------
Gramma
laneylou
laneylou
United States
2003/10/29, 02:15 PM
Ok ... so since it's my legs that hurt really ... I should keep following the work out for today on the site.

It shows I should do lots of upper body stuff today. So that gives my legs a rest and then tomorrow it'll probably be legs. So that's another thing I've been doing wrong. I've been working out like crazy on my legs and upper body all at the same time every day and I've been so exhausted I can't even hardly stand up sometimes. heheh ...

Duhhh .. it's amazing how silly you can be when you're trying to work out and do things right. ;)
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/10/29, 03:47 PM
If you are doing a total body workout (upper and lower)you just need to make sure you have at least one day off in between each workout. I am about to start a program like that and I will workout M-W-F and do my cardio on the other days.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
laneylou
laneylou
United States
2003/10/29, 04:31 PM
Coolness. What workout are you doing?

I was doing Gilad's Bodies in Motion on TV. I have TIVO so I record it to watch every day. I was doing that M-W-F but it wasn't helping at all.

Of course we were going out to eat all the time too and I've talked to my boyfriend about that. We're not doing any MORE going out. ;) YEAH!

Now it's no going out, going by the nutrition thing on this web site, and doing the exercise program on here.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/10/29, 06:13 PM
You really want to reach your goal so you are 1/2 way there.
You will see that your self motivation will turn into a good habit. The pain yu are experiencing is good pain (thats what I call it)and your muscles are repairing themselves. Just feed them protein, good carbs and good fats. You really don't have to stay out of restaurants. I am on the road all day, and eat my lunch in the weirdest places. Even Macdonalds. The chicken breast (grilled without the bread) and a salad. Other estaurants I keep away from the fried stuff, and so can you, ask for baked potatoe instead of fries, etc.
After all, we can't stop living!
Good luck and hope to see more of your posts.

--------------
"A will finds a way"
Ivan Montreal Canada
laneylou
laneylou
United States
2003/10/29, 06:52 PM
Thanks carivan. Just finished todays workout. UGH!

I've started doing that in the restaurants. Baked potatoes instead of fries, grilled chicken, quesadillas, salads, that kind of stuff. Haven't eaten anything friend 'cept a couple of times (I can't help but cheat once in a while) hehe ...

What I didn't realize is that one of my very favorite things is NOT something I can have on here. :( Guacamole.

Anyway I'm doing good!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/10/29, 07:12 PM
Give your self a good cheat about every 2 weeks but just do it for 1 meal. Like a good desert, or a favourite main course. But then get on track. You will see good results and than you will work even harder.

--------------
"A will finds a way"
Ivan Montreal Canada
laneylou
laneylou
United States
2003/10/31, 02:41 AM
Ok, I've made it through workouts for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Just one more day of this week to go, then I'm sittin on my rear end for the weekend. LOL

;)

WOOHOO!