Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

this ok for a snack, does this happen2u

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/10/22, 04:06 PM
ok well i have actually 2 questions... one is for a snack i eat low fat penut butter( it satisifies my sweet cravings and sticks with me) now i'm not trying to be a ripped body bulder or anything but if i eat this a coupel times a day any of u all think it will hurt me?
2nd is i have a morning work out 2 times a week with my cheerleading squad at college( i'm not gay loli do it to be around girls and for scholar ship) well after i work out i fell so drained and out of it and i find the only way i can stay awake in my next class is to eat somthing kinda sugery( muffin cookie etc) i don't want any more body fat i'm trying to cut that out with out cutting my carbs to much? any suggestions?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/10/22, 05:02 PM
Fater your workout have a protein shake, whey and some fast carbs like raisins or an apple,and some slower carbs- maybe a piece of whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter.
The lowfat peanut butter may have more sugar than regualr natural peanut butter, switch to a natural peanut butter. The fat is okay, it is heart healthy fat and won't cause fat gain, unless you are getting too many calories in total.
The longer you go without sweets, the les you will crave them, but I find that a diet soda usually fills the sweets craving.
Good luck!

--------------
Challenge + Consistency = Results
"You do or you do not. There is no try." - Yoda
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/10/22, 09:21 PM
I don't mean to go against you asimmer, you are usually right on the money. In the case of post workout, though, the raisins or apple are too much fructose. This tops off liver glycogen, and nothing to do with muscle glycogen. You want all metabolic pathways primed toward muscle glycogen. Simple carbs are correct, but something like dextrose and maltodextrin is best. In fact, a combo of the 2 are your best bet.

Natural peanut butter is what you want, not reduced fat or anything. The fat is healthy fats. Just make sure you fit it in your calorie/macro amounts. Extra calories are extra calories, no matter how good.

============
Quoting from asimmer:

Fater your workout have a protein shake, whey and some fast carbs like raisins or an apple,and some slower carbs- maybe a piece of whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter.
The lowfat peanut butter may have more sugar than regualr natural peanut butter, switch to a natural peanut butter. The fat is okay, it is heart healthy fat and won't cause fat gain, unless you are getting too many calories in total.
The longer you go without sweets, the les you will crave them, but I find that a diet soda usually fills the sweets craving.
Good luck!

=============

--------------
Great people never want it easier, they just want to be better!
Ron
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/10/23, 10:52 AM
So, bbfit, how do you get the dextrose and maltodextrin? is that a supplement you mix into your shake? I have been meaning to ask you, I don't know enough about them. Do you buy them seperatley?
I guess i will quit eating raisins after my workout (darnit, It was like getting to eat candy...hmmm).
I take no offense in being corrected, I don't do nearly as much research as you do and I always defer to your knowledge. Thanks!

--------------
Challenge + Consistency = Results
"You do or you do not. There is no try." - Yoda
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2003/10/24, 07:29 AM

============
Quoting from bigandrew:

( i'm not gay loli do it to be around girls and for scholar ship)
=============
Hey,
Be proud of what you do without always mentioning this. It just comes off as you not being confident in the value of cheerleading and you shouldn't. If you enjoy doing an activity then pursue it without inhibition. Football players are not dumb just because they play football and male cheerleaders are not gay just because they cheer. Cheerleading requires plenty of strength and stamina. Be proud of what you do.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/10/24, 03:32 PM
oh i am proud of being a cheerleader.... just thought i'd let u know cause of the urban legands about us guy cheerleaders lol............and also i do drink a protein shake after my workouts, it has 40 grams of protein and aboiut 20 carbs( from the fat free milk) then i eat a solid food snack an hour later( 1/2 a tuna sandwich or chicken) but i find after my worklouts ( i have a spilit routine power movements in the mornings 2 times a week, and in the after noon i go do my smaller muscles that i don't get to do ) but after my workout in the morning i am so drained that i fall asleep and i find a banna nut muffin helps me stay awake . tell me more abotu this dextrose and stuff i have read about it but i can't find it?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/10/24, 06:53 PM
Again, you do not want the milk post workout. Milk is casein protein, and is slow digesting, and will slow down absorbtion. After a grueling workout, you DO NOT WANT THIS! Dextrose is quite easy to find, as is malto. Just go to this address for your malto, and you can find dextrose also. Both are dirt cheap, about $2.00 for 2 lbs. http://www.dpsnutrition.net/product_information.asp?number=NO013&back=yes&dept=1153&last=1153.

And, you are shooting yourself in the foot on your gains with a banana nut muffin. Sorry, nothing good here for recovery. The same drink will keep you awake.

--------------
Great people never want it easier, they just want to be better!
Ron