Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

eating the suggested calories

sweetbrown
sweetbrown
United States
2003/10/16, 04:29 PM
I am a female, 200 lbs, who has a desire to lose weight and begin strength training to tone up. From all of the sources I have read, I should be eating 5 to 6 mini-meals a day that total 2500 to 2700 calories per day. It is suggested that I eat every 3 to 4 hours per day. This seems impossible, especially when trying to eat food that is good for me.

Should I eat even if I am not hungry just to get the suggested meals and calories in? Can all meals be created equal in calories, protein, carbs, etc? Is there a certain time that I should stop eating before I go to bed?

azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/10/16, 04:38 PM
Yes at first you should make yourself eat at the scheduled times to get in the habit. Eventually your body will tell you it is hugry. It isn't impossible, but it takes some planning ahead to make sure you always have on hand the right foods and don't just grab the wrong things because it is time to eat. The more equal your meals are the better. I haven't mastered that yet, although i am getting closer. That is where eating the same meal plan day after day comes in handy. There seem to be mixed feelings on what time your last meal should be. It seems the concensus is that you can eat right up to bedtime as long as the last snack/meal is high in slow absorbing protein and good fats with little or no carbs, ie: cottage cheese...lol.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
sweetbrown
sweetbrown
United States
2003/10/17, 07:55 AM
Thank you for the information. Boy, do I have alot to learn. I just knew this task was going to be simple. I was wrong. But I am looking forward to not only the learning, but the challenge of changing the way I currently do things. I have started to look at the labels alot closer. This morning, I made sure I looked for the amount of calories, carbs, fats, proteins in my meal -- all things that I didnt concern myself with in the past. I have also mapped out what time I need to eat. Now, I need to figure out what I am going to eat.

Thanks again for the advice

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/10/17, 01:17 PM
As I said befor Azredhead, you are getting so smart! :>}
Very good reply, very good advice. Too much too fast becomes overwhelming, and the tendency is to quit due to this. This is a complete healthy lifestyle change, and should be approached in this manner.

============
Quoting from azredhead57:

Yes at first you should make yourself eat at the scheduled times to get in the habit. Eventually your body will tell you it is hugry. It isn't impossible, but it takes some planning ahead to make sure you always have on hand the right foods and don't just grab the wrong things because it is time to eat. The more equal your meals are the better. I haven't mastered that yet, although i am getting closer. That is where eating the same meal plan day after day comes in handy. There seem to be mixed feelings on what time your last meal should be. It seems the concensus is that you can eat right up to bedtime as long as the last snack/meal is high in slow absorbing protein and good fats with little or no carbs, ie: cottage cheese...lol.

=============

--------------
Great people never want it easier, they just want to be better!
Ron
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/10/17, 04:29 PM
<blushing> Why thank you, bb1.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills