Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Calorie cut

kcritch22
kcritch22
United States
2003/10/11, 11:44 AM
I figured out my Basil metabolism thing and it came out to 1347 calories/day. If i want to lost weight how much should i cut those down by? I also play soccer 3 times a week and do kickboxing 3 times a week. I'm also starting to do a full body workout class. So getting exercise isn't an issue for me but i still can't shed the weight. I usually eat well.....yogurt, salads, chicken, fruit. Sometimes i do over indulge in cookies or other treats though so i'm wondering if that is the reason i'm not losing weight.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/10/11, 01:15 PM
Remember 1st, your BMR is simply what is needed to keep you alive basically with doing absolutely nothing. Your maintenance calories will be much higher. Best way to find this out, pen and paper. For 3-4 days minimum, week is better, write down everything you eat, everything, and add up the calories. As mentioned, do this for a week. Weigh yourself at the beginning, and weigh yourself at the end of this period at the same time of day, and jot down both weights. Now, take your calorie consumption for each day, add them up and average it. If your weight stayed the same, then this should be real close to your maintenance calories. This is where you want to adjust from. The first thing to do is "clean" up your calories, ditch any sugars, refined carbs, sugary drinks, etc. and substitute in good clean calories. This will make a huge difference right off the bat. Then, start your adjustment downwards, 250 is a good number to start with. When the weight loss stops, then adjust again, or add more exercise to create more of a calorie deficit.

--------------
Great people never want it easier, they just want to be better!
Ron