Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

please help

supergrrl
supergrrl
United States
2003/09/10, 06:09 PM
ok, so awhile ago i (stupidly) decided to lose weight by eating far fewer calories than i should - b/t 600 and 800 daily. i'm halfway to my goal weight, but i've come to my senses and i've realized how dangerous this is. i struggle with my workouts and am having dizzy spells and nausea. i want to start anew, which is one of the reasons i joined this site.

i really want to stop this unhealthy behavior and switch to a more sensible plan, but i am terrified that now my metabolism is all screwed up and eating more, even just to get back to a healthy dieting amount, is going to make my body pack on the pounds again.

Please tell me - am i right? am i going to regain all that i've lost? Is there a way to minimize the damage? i need a realistic picture so i can take care of myself properly. i'm tired of feeling sick and hungry, but i need to know what's going to happen.

thanks.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/09/10, 07:00 PM
Yikes...you are really punishing yourself for no reason.
If you start eating right, (most call it diets, but it's "eating properly") you will start to put on some lean tissue, not fat. You will see increases in your bodies definition, and feel 500% better about yourself and your workouts.
Don't start eating more all at once. Add about 200 cals a day, based on 12-15 calories per lb of body weight. 12 being if you want to lean out, 15 to gain, 13 to maintain.
Eat good proteins and good carbs. And ONLY good fats.
Hope this helps. If you want, email me here and I'll give you more info if you need it.
Have fun!

--------------
Beleive you can, and you are halfway there.
Ivan Montreal Canada (aka SpongeBob Square Pants to some!)
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/09/11, 02:35 AM
Good advice from Carivan.
Yes you'll definitely need to eat more if you want to change the shape of your body (put on some lean muscle mass) and to wake up your metabolism.
(Now don't fall in the other wagon and start doing too much cardio, heavy weight training will help you, not cardio!)
A good idea would be to contact a personal trainer so you'll be "forced" to change.....
Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/09/11, 06:37 PM
In addition to what the others said, you might gain a little weight at first, but once your body gets used to being fed more, and more often, it will adjust. You want to be gaining muscle and losing fat. Muscle weighs more per square inch than fat, so don't live by the scales.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills