Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Have you lost a lot of hair lately?

nikki_m_austin
nikki_m_austin
United States
2003/08/19, 05:17 PM
These last two months, I have lost so much hair, and at the root. Not balding anywhere, just all over - from the root -my hair thickness is pretty apparent.

I went off birth control for two months (just started back on it on Sunday). And wonder if that's it. I also started a low carb diet (Atkins) and have lost 12 lbs. I've been eating lots of eggs and tuna. I've heard stuff about tuna & murcury being bad for women. I'm also eating some eggs fried with a soft yolk and poached. Read how something in uncooked eggst that attaches to the biotin in your body and can cause hair loss too.

HELP me please. I'm 27 and kinda scared. - Nik
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2003/08/20, 12:29 PM
It could be a few things, for instance, how is your iron level? If you are low in iron you will start seeing effects like hair loss, dry skin, yellow color in nails or if they are weak.

It could also be a thyroid issue as well, is it up to par? Sometimes when you implement a lot of different changes in your lifestyle your body sometimes has a way of fighting it. It could be just as easy as you said also, changing of eating habits, etc. If it continues I would go in to the doctor and get it checked, hair loss like that is usually a sign of something deficient in your body. Good luck Nikki!

--------------
Bettia.... The secret of getting ahead is getting started.