Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Elastic mid section

notolate
notolate
United States
2003/07/15, 12:05 AM
Here's the skinny, no pun intended. About two years ago, I embraced a strict workout regiemen that entailed weights, aggressive swimming, and diet. I now find myself close to 100lbs less and have six pack abs that seems to be shielded by skin. I am so committed to doing everything in my power to determine if theres any fat there or if it's simply a result of losing about 100lbs. If I cant lose it, then I must surely reside to the fact that I am stuck with it. That being said, perhaps I could go back up in weight. I blast my abs in the pool as well as in the gym. They are rock hard yet somewhat hidden. To say the least, I am somewhat frustrated with the efforts I have put forth. I am going to see a dermatologist shortly. Perhaps I need to hear it from a professional to bring closure to this issue. I was hoping that it would be possible to even reduce excess skin through a massive commitment to the gym.
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/07/15, 03:44 PM
I don't know about the excess skin although I have heard here to massage with firming cream often. The last bit of fat on our abs will only come off with strict, clean eating. It all has to do with your nutrition intake.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/07/15, 11:21 PM
My guess would be it is skin...when losing that much weight, especially in a specified period of time, the result is excess skin form being stretched out. Unfortunately, it does not bounce back easily if at all. I have heard many ways, but none really seem to work short of surgery. I can attest to this personally by someone very close to me. Talk about a massive investment in the gym. No amount of work it seems will do the trick here if it is a decent amount. I wish I had better news for you, and hope I am wrong in this case. Just my observations. Good luck to you.

--------------
As far as genetics go, the skies the limit. You are limited only by your mental perception of it.

Ron
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2003/07/17, 10:07 AM
Why dont you try making a change to your priorities?

Instead of #1 being a 6-pac.
Make #1 to get in really good shape and maintain low body fat.

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"