Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Wrestling=most exhausting workout

mattwilson
mattwilson
United States
2003/06/11, 10:54 PM
Well, yesterday after my buddy and I went to the gym, we were invited to wrestle with some older guys(we are bot 21). We went, and it was the first time in 3 years that I have been to a wrestling practice. It was the most exhausting 1 1/2 hour that I have seen in a long time. After I got done, I went to my fiancee's house and crashed. She said that my arms were like jelly that night. Today I really felt it. If you want a workout, go to your local HS, and wrestle around with some people.

--------------
Pain is weakness leaving the body
Phrost
Phrost
United States
2003/06/12, 04:49 PM
Or even better, find a Brazillian JiuJitsu or Submission fighting school and get the same workout (incorporating a lot of wrestling moves) while learning practical self defense.

Grappling is insane cardio training.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/01/28, 02:04 PM
I do it all to improve my cardiovascular endurance for wrestling, but your absolutely right, nothing compairs. I run 3x a week, and I'm a lifeguard in the off-season, so I'm always working to improve my cardio, but no matter what I do, I'm not in wrestling shape till I start wrestling again. I can swim an hour and not breath hard, but 6 minutes on the mat is still a long time.

--------------
\"I get up in the morning around six to run for about an hour. Later in the day, I lift with a partner. Following my lifting sessions, I usually do speed and agility drills. Later, I drill all my holds and moves.\"

\'Isnt that lifestyle boring?\'

\"Yes, but the gold medal is very shiny.\"
Ichiguchi
Olympic Gold Medalist
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/01/28, 08:59 PM
Well, you could say that about many things. I run Cross Country and play Basketball, and when basketball comes around, I'm in incredible long distance shape (3 miles in 18 minutes isn't half bad is it?) but Basketball conditioning will wear me out because it's a lot of hard sprinting and jumping. Different activities make you tired in different ways.

--------------
If Satan ever tries to remind you of your past, just tell him of his future!
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/01/29, 10:34 AM
Wrestling is awesome. I wrestled back in the day. It was my best sport until I went to college for football. It is a great sport that requires great anaerobic endurance and power endurance. It is the world's oldest form of fighting and a real test of who is the better athlete. It's not like a team sport. If you make a mistake on the football field sometimes people don't see it. If you make one on the mat it is seen by everyone.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/01/31, 08:50 PM
Exactly gator, if you screw up on the mat you pay for it. There are no time outs and no substitutions to help you if and WHEN you feel like dying after the first two minute period.

--------------
\"I get up in the morning around six to run for about an hour. Later in the day, I lift with a partner. Following my lifting sessions, I usually do speed and agility drills. Later, I drill all my holds and moves.\"

\'Isnt that lifestyle boring?\'

\"Yes, but the gold medal is very shiny.\"
Ichiguchi
Olympic Gold Medalist
ioioio
ioioio
Kuwait
2004/02/01, 03:40 PM
Wrestling is awesome, but i would rather go and learn self deffence than just go and wrestle!!!!!