Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Lowe Back Injury (DeadLifts)

atlboi
atlboi
United States
2003/04/27, 01:34 PM
Ok Guys,

This is my second injury to my lower back in about 2 months. The last injury healed in about 1 week (injured the same spot while doing squats -- not warming up). This injury occured (seem like the same area; lower back) while doing my last rep of my deadlift excercise (while wearing a belt). I'm going to take a week out of the gym and re-evualte everything. The injury doesn't seem to be severe as the first one, however, I want to give me body sometime to heal. I may just start my cutting cycle 1 week early and do cardio (walk) until this injury heal.

Question? Is there any good excercise routine that can replace a squat or deadlift? I will squat/deadlift again, but I will definetly do less with the fear of causing another injury.

Is there a way to make my back stronger before squatting/deadlifting again? Please help.

Thanks.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/04/28, 08:46 AM
Well Look at your form. Almost all lower back injuries from squats and DL are from two causes, one is bad form, and the other is trying to lift to much weight before you are ready. Take some time off like you said the start abck going lighter, and do another warm up set or two. Also if you do not do them try hyperextensions as well a great lower back exercise.

--------------
IF YOU CAN STILL ITCH YOUR NOSE AFTER ARM DAY, GO DO ANOTHER SET!!!