Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

zma supplment?

jayvee151
jayvee151
United Kingdom
2006/08/27, 06:48 AM
I was looking through supplments and i came across zma, it says its used by olympic medalist bla bla bla...but they all say that. I was curious if anyone knows anything about it? It also assure me of no side affects. And it WILL boost my testerone levels?

Well i searched and found nothing, has anyone used this, or are using it??
edivecchio
edivecchio
United States
2006/08/27, 08:35 AM
You should fill out your profile. I wouldn't worry about boosting your testosterone levels. It's not necessary. As far as ZMA.

1. What is it and where does it come from?

ZMA is a scientifically designed anabolic mineral formula. It contains Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate plus Magnesium Aspartate and vitamin B-6, and is an all-natural product that has been clinically proven to significantly increase anabolic hormone levels and muscle strength in trained athletes. BodyBuilding.com

I don't know a whole lot about supplements but I've tried some and I really don't ever see a huge difference. I just stick with my multi, extra C, and flaxseed. The choice is yours. Personally, I choose not to mess with anything that claims to mess with my hormone levels.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/27, 11:35 AM
For the umpteenth time, ZMA is about sleep. Nothing more. The ZMA/testosterone link was a study put out by none other than Victor Conte, if anyone remembers, the BALCO group. He was pimping his designer steroid as ZMA for a cover.

Zinc in older folks has been shown to increase tests levels, but these are deficient older people. Zinc works by default, by helping to regulate E levels, which will naturally increase test levels somewhat.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
edivecchio
edivecchio
United States
2006/08/27, 01:18 PM
There you go, jayvee. Sounds like sound advice.
2006/08/27, 08:27 PM
anything that makes you sleep like a baby is good in my book....havent seen much of anything more from this supplement however...