Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Yet another reason to avoid steroids...

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2006/11/07, 11:46 AM
This is an interesting article. It links steroid use to crime:

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/061106_steroids_crime.html

Sure, I know not everyone who has experimented with steroids has committed a crime. It is an interesting correlation, though.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
2006/11/09, 09:53 PM
Umm it says at the bottom that it's mainly premeditated. even then correlation can be very misleading....just because 2 things are even highly related does not mean one causes the other. Their could be other confounding variables...most common? the person already has preexisting mood/temper problems, general a-hole, etc....

Although I am generally against steroids ....I do not judge who do...and this study and similar such studies are a statistical form of joke...'Uh they are related,except under further analysis these things no longer are, and none show significant correlation if u take out premeditation' out of the equation. IE you must WANT to do something to DO IT....it's not just uncontrollable lapse of judgement/temper...as 'roid rage' is generally depicted...bottom line....if you work as a Bookie, debt collector, or security for the mafia....you may want to take some roids to make you better at your job. :/

"This investigation instead reveals that steroid use may be linked with premeditated crimes—those involving preparation and advance planning. One explanation the researchers suggest for the findings is that criminals involved in serious crimes such as armed robbery or the collection of crime-related debts might benefit from the muscularity, heavy build and increase in aggression that comes with steroid use."

lmao...