Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Xenadrine...and other ?'s

Ruffsapp99
Ruffsapp99
United States
2001/02/02, 09:12 PM
Has any one if here taken Xenadrine. Is it safe for someone that's about 16? Does it just burn fat or does it make U gain muscle also? When you stop using it will all your weight come back? Do I take it before I lift or do I have to run?
Also I have a ? about protein suppliments, I've tasted every single protein bar, and they all taste like CRAP, I seriously wanna puke whenever I taste it. Does anyone know any protein supplements that taste half decent and work good.
bore
bore
United States
2001/02/02, 10:04 PM
Xenadrine is best used before a workout,or first thing in the morning. It speeds your metabolism up so you burn more fat. If while your on it you get in better cardio shape, when you stop your metabolism should be fast enough to not put on fat. If on the other hand you don't increase your cardio, you will put on fat.
I can't say i've ever tasted a great protein bar. Some i can tolerate more than others, but none really stick out as being good. Protein powders are great if you use yogurt and ice in a blender, add some fresh or frozen fruit and make a good shake out of it. Try it its better than protein bars.
Rob
luv2lift
luv2lift
United States
2001/02/04, 02:44 PM
Taking a look at Xenedrine - Xenedrine consists of the following:

- Pantothenic Acid(vit. B5) 40mg

Involved in the Kreb’s cycle of energy production and is needed to make acetylcholine. Also essential in releasing, transporting and burning fats.

- Bitter Orange(standardized for 5mg synephrine) 85mg

Supposedly a beta-3 specific adrenergic agonist. Therefore, increases thermogenesis and fat burning in brown adipose tissue.

- Ma Huang(standardized for 20mg ephedrine

Stimulates norepinephrine release from the nerve endings. Therefore stimulates the beta 1, 2 and 3 adrenergic receptors. Result: increased fat burning, fat release and thermogenesis

- 335mg Guarana Extract(standardized for 20mg caffeine)

Helps block feedback mechanisms which counter norepinephrine's positive effects on fat-burning.
Not enough caffeine for that purpose though - have some coffee.

- White Willow Bark Extract(standardized for 15mg salicin)

Also blocks a mechanism with counteracts epinephrine. Not very much of it though. Maybe an aspirin would be in order.

- 105mg Ginger Root

Active ingredient: zingerone. Supposed to increase epinephrine (adrenaline) levels, which is a beta and alpha adrenergic agonist. Theoretical effect: increased fat burning and thermogenesis. Cayenne pepper would be more effective for this purpose.

- 50mg Proprietray ThermoSynergist Blend 225mg
L-tyrosine, Acetly L-Carnitine, Fisetin, Magnesium Phosphate, DMAE(2-dimethylaminoethanol)

A bunch of stuff to promote neurotransmitter production. The idea is to promote more epinephrine release and better transmission of nerve impulses.

Anyway, Xenedrine works by increasing fatty acid levels in the blood and also the burning of these fats as fuel in the muscle. It wouldn't make sense to counter this effect by eating a lot of carbs and raising your blood glucose (thus preventing fat release/burning).

So, in light of it all, what I'd do is eat a small amount (~20g or less) of low-to-moderate G.I. carbs about an hour before the workout.

As for protein, I'd say eat some along with the carbs. Hopefully the elevated blood amino acid level will provide the liver with the substrates that it needs to produce a host of substrates - meaning that the aminos won't be taken from your muscles.

Don't take too much Xenedrine or you might have a heart attack.

--
Casey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flexing
Flexing
Canada
2001/02/05, 08:02 AM
let me know what you find out.