Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Wrist

c66m
c66m
Canada
2004/11/21, 07:58 AM
I just hurt my wrist by triping and put my hand out to stop the fall and my wrist hurts a bit. I can move it around and stuff with a bit of pain. Can someone help me do the right thing.
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/11/21, 11:35 AM
You need to get it seen by a doc in case you have fractured one of the small bones in your wrist.

Welcome to FT :)
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/24, 09:32 AM
theres a lil pressure point behind the thumb, about 2in from the thumb kuckle, at the wrist. You shoudl feel a lil Indention on the wrist, where the tumab "joins" the wrist.( this is not medical terms sorry lol) If you can touch that, with out it hurting,or arm jerking then more than likly its just a really bad sprain.( some sprains are just as bad as breaks)

This "spot" on the wrist is a nerve point, if anything is fractured or broke, pushing on that you will know it!

But still see a doc, it worked for bones breaking wise, but prolly not for torn legiments etc.

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2004/11/25, 03:15 PM
Listen to princesslodgey. You need to go to your doctor and have it x-rayed ASAP.

Seriously, even if its not fractured your way better off knowing then ignoring it and finding out later that it was. Thats what I did and it took me nearly a year to recover, and it still bothers me 2 years later. Don't do what I did.

Also, a lot of times when you sprain something, it fractures as well. The bone can crack from the stress of the tendon being pulled (or something like that).

--------------
- Its never about how much you can lift, or how many reps you do. Its just about doing it, and doing it right.
- If your hungry all the time, your not eating enough. And anyways, being hungry sucks.

~Brad~