Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Worms cure allergies

cholestrol
cholestrol
Australia
2007/09/27, 08:18 AM
Have you seen and noticed in the last couple of decades how allergies and other serious immune conditions have, such as asthma, auto-immune disease have been on the rise, especially in english and industrialised countries. Up to half the population of USA has either one type of immune condition such as allergies. But 50 years ago this was not the case. Even in developing countries the allergy rates are very low. If people know what allergies they are conditions in which the immune system is hypersensitive and attacks harmless substances which it considers to be a threat, such as pollen, peanuts, animal hair, dust.
I suffered from allergies myself, I would ask myself why, what has been different in my life to cause this. I have beemn reading on many theories on why people may have this, one of them was the hygiene hypothesis, was that people are now brought up as younge kids in to healthy environmnets for our own good, the immune system does not have time to develop properely, its not exposed to parasites, bacteria, or other disease as our ancestors have been for thousands of years, so if its not exposed to bacteria it starts reacting to other things such as pollens, and then you have allergies. I asked my parents when they were brought up, they all had intestinal worms, played in the dirt, they dont have any allergies now. Many may think that this not may be true but, My sister she has dogs which she raised from a puppies, like spoiled kids, very clean, no worms or fleas, anti-biotics, all of them have allergies, one has asthma, one died from an autoimune condition. My dogs on the other hand, have worms, feed them raw meat, get fleas, not one of them has allergies, never seen such a healthy dog.
I read a study a few months ago about poeple who have intestinal worms cure there allergies, I was skeptical at first, but I came to a point that i wanted to try anything to help myself with this hayfever. I ate tarter steaks which are raw beef steaks, I kept this up for a few weeks and I ended up getting a tapeworm, well now my allergies have gone completely. I even had a skin test done I did not react to the pollen I use to. I read that the part of the immune system that creates allergies, is also the one that fights intestinal worms so its kept busy. kind of a symbiotic relationship. I would rather have a worm in my gut then hayfever. The only problem is that people who have weak immune systems should not have intestinal worms they can spread to other parts of the body. 3 months and feelin good.
immovablestone
immovablestone
United States
2007/09/27, 08:25 AM
Creepy...

--------------
This is SPARTA!!!
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/09/27, 09:05 AM
You'd rather have a parasitic worm that can grow to 45 feet inside you, robbing your body of precious nutrients, possibly causing a serious nutritional deficency problem, than having a running nose and itchy eyes ? Did i read that right ??

--------------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Rabula Tasa- Latin meaning Clean Slate
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/09/27, 09:08 AM
Might as well go to south america, pee in a lake and let the candiru fish swim up ya penis, then you wouldnt have to worry about erections either.
Olibobwa
Olibobwa
United States
2007/09/27, 12:29 PM
Hey man, whatever works
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/09/27, 06:15 PM
Many allergies, but not all, are a result of too much cleanliness.

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there...
-----------------------------------
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2007/09/27, 06:59 PM

============
Quoting from bill06:

Might as well go to south america, pee in a lake and let the candiru fish swim up ya penis, then you wouldnt have to worry about erections either.
=============

:laugh::laugh: Well said Bill!

Honestly, I would rather have allergies that wouldn't cause serious health problems than having a worm in my intestines that could give me vitamin deficencies and poor nutrition, possibly leading to many other problems if I wasn't overly careful.

I think the decision between the two would be obvious to most people. :big_smile:
cholestrol
cholestrol
Australia
2007/09/27, 07:22 PM
The thing is unless you have aids, compromised immune system or any other health condition, intestinal worms cause little or no symtoms in over 95% of people.
It also depends which worms you get, sometimes you just may need to increase you protein intake and iron intake.
christal086
christal086
Australia
2007/09/27, 08:22 PM
thats interesting my mother is a super clean freak and she catched every cold, infection that goes around. and i too have a dog who gets pretty dirty probably had flees one time or another has raw mince bones steak anything really and he's fine but my brother has the exact same dog and he has osteoprosis and bad hips and cant jump and he followed all the vets recommendations calorie counting for his dog. makes you wonder sometimes hey?
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/09/27, 08:28 PM
ok ive done some reading, where are you getting your stats from ? the only worm which is remotely safe to consider is the beeftape worm, and that has certain risks that in no way in my mind out way the symptoms of allergies. I totally understand why the allegic symptoms my subsibe for a time being, you are introducing a parasite to your body, hence, stopping the body from overreacting to such stuff as hayfever, cat and pet dander and so fourth, but after 8-10 weeks when the worm starts losing its segments, you have to kill it or risk your life from the segments breaking off and landing in your appendix or other intestinal area's causing severe pain, illness and death.

So after the worm dies, you body returns to attacking the allergic symptoms you had before you became infected. so you are back to eating " Beef tartar ", dood you ever hear of e-coli, salmonella or serotype typhimurium ? you are messing with your life, id go see the doc, kill the worm before it kills you, and stick with the allergy shots....

--------------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Rabula Tasa- Latin meaning Clean Slate
cholestrol
cholestrol
Australia
2007/09/28, 02:22 AM
There is a professor from japan who first theorised the idea of the worm and allergy link. he himself ingested tapeworms, he now has up to 3 in his gut, after 2 years he is still healthy. If I get any problems I will get the worms killed. the affects that the worm does last for years, it actually desensitizes your body to allergens.
You have to also remember what country you come from, people from japan it was normal to have intestinal worms, they ate raw fish (sushi). Raw fish contain the worst ever intestinal worm, its actually deadly. It could be for you or me, but for the japanese it was normal. Now in japan cause or massive eradication all to do with hygiene, up to 40% of the population have some form of demartitis.

Beef tartar where I come from is a traditional food, only started eating it a while ago. but my dad and aunty have always ate it with no problem.

all I know is that now I can get a good nights sleep, and take a walk through a park in spring with no problems.