Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Workouts?

Emo_Monster
Emo_Monster
United States
2011/02/02, 07:01 AM
hello i am new here..well i am trying to find out workouts to loose weight before the summer starts. and if i dont reach my goal before summer i want to succeed before summber ends. what are good workouts to get skinnier and stronger? and i am a girl i dont want to get all ripped. :/
curley311
curley311
Canada
2011/02/03, 04:38 AM
Hey....First thing women can't not get muscles like men unless they take illegal stuff.. We are not made up that way... It all depends how much weight you want to loose...First steps in a good plan for weight lost....Cardio, cardio,,,,second weight training...third diet....
Beginers should start cardio 5-10 minutes warm-up, 20 minutes cardio activity which can be running, eplitical, swimming..then cool down for 5-10 minutes...second weight training... in my experience...circuit training is good place to start for weight training.. in which it means going to one station after another...example..pec fly's 8-12 reps,,then to squats,,,8-12 reps,,,shoulder press...8-12reps.. go from station to station..without rest...keeps your heart going and makes you sweat...then next is diet... make a journal of what you eat each day for a week.. then at the end of the week see what could change... do not starve yourself, do not take diet pills...eat 5-6 small meals a day...with 1 protein (chicken), 1 carb(brown rice and vegies, 1 fat( healthy fat like fish oil) and water at every meal...never cut out all carbs just the ones that are full of gluten and starch...and simple surgars...good carbs are brown rice, whole wheat breads and pastas, sweet potatoes, green vegies, peppers, etc....we need carbs to help with energy and brain functions.....most important..Eat lean meats...like fish, poultry, lean beef...etc. If you keep up with a good diet and exercise...your body with thank you..you will feel better about yourself,,have confidence,,,etc..just dont give up on your plan, remember you are making this first step in a change in your life that is a positive one good luck and I hope I gave you some ideas...