Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Work outs

seansdady
seansdady
United States
2001/03/02, 10:46 AM
I would like to know why so many people work out and get big but dont do their legs? And why so many want to lift a lot of weight and not do it right to get big like they should.And skinny people that can do a lot of weight but cant get big. I see a lot of people doing a lot of exersizes the wrong way like allmost evey one at my gym does lat pull downs wrong,dont they know it does not work or orther body parts are put into play and not what they think they are working.
xavier
xavier
United States
2001/03/02, 10:10 PM
dont know maybe no one ever showed them right way
BillK
BillK
United States
2001/03/03, 09:16 AM
Question #1:
Maybe the person doesn’t want big legs. Just a thought.

Question #2:
Who don't like to lift a lot of weight? I know I do. But some people do go to extremes and end up injuring themselves. Bodybuilding is not about how much you can lift but how you lift it.

Question #3:
It's all in genetics.

Question #4:
People may exercise wrong because: they are doing more weight then they can handle. They don't know the proper way to do the exercise. If you see someone doing this take some time out and let the person know. I'm sure the suggestion will be accepted openly.

Well those are my answers and I don't know if I'm right or wrong but I gave it a shot. There are many reasons why people do the things they do.

~billk~
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/03/03, 12:41 PM

form is really important when it comes to exercising most effeciently..there was this big guy at our gym who always did hyperextensions but in a wrong way...whatching him do it incorrectly got me thinkin' that nobody is perfect down here and that everybody has got to do his own thing ..the right way
flnaughtyboy
flnaughtyboy
United States
2001/03/12, 01:06 PM
I am very big on form, make sure I am doing it right before I even attempt it, and your right a lot of people do stuff wrong and I think to myself why even do it if your not doing it right. I did how ever approach somebody who was doing an exercise wrong and I asked if I could show them how to do the exercise more effectively. Unfortunetly since he was bigger than I am he did not appreciate me trying to help. I guess pride got in the way, but I have helped others that are the same size and smaller. They tend to be more appreciative.
bore
bore
United States
2001/03/03, 09:14 PM
Legs hurt when you work them. People are affraid of the pain that comes with working legs. Some people just don't know the proper way to do some execises, they either don't know proper form or lift more than they can because of "ego". "Ego" gets in the way of progress, you have to learn to put it aside in the gym. And that is hard for most people to do.

Rob
skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/03/05, 11:06 AM
Yeah I think ego explains alot of the things seansdady points out. And laziness. If you just train upper body you can put on a tight tee-shirt and roll up the sleves to show it off and wear long baggy pants to hide the toothpicks you stand on. What they don't realize is that they are cheating themselves because heavy leg work releases testosterone to aid your growth.
sunnyjack
sunnyjack
United States
2001/03/05, 01:12 PM
Legs are the biggest muscles and it take a lot to work them to failure. It's not something for the average Joe - You have to train legs hard to get them to grow.