Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

women boxing

Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2003/03/01, 05:52 AM
I know this post should probably be somewhere else, but there is a lot of discussion in this section bout gender differences. I really REALLY want to box (probably just sparring ) but i really hate the negative reaction to women taking up boxing that people have. seeing as there are a lot of women in here, doing what in the past has been percieved of as typically 'male', i'd be interested to know what other people think.

Katie
x

----------------------------
My body only feels good when it burns!
dancenyshopper
dancenyshopper
United States
2003/03/01, 07:37 AM
if you want to box girl, go for it! i've always wanted to try that. honestly though, if i had to take one in the face i would probably cry(hey im a girl). i think you will have to fight the sterotype though. especially with guys. i have a feeling that some guys (not all) would be intimidated by a women who boxes. maybe you already have a guy, so in that case why care? i think that if people see that you're just a regular gal who wants to spar, they would get over it. no big deal. acting on different aspects of your personality is what life is all about. don't be afraid to try something that you're REALLY dying to do! you grow as a person when you do that, and develop confidence, and insight into your own sense of self! whoa, im getting way to mushy here!lol.
johnguy
johnguy
Canada
2003/03/01, 12:19 PM
People who are against boxing will talk down on it whether its a girl or guy boxing. Some people just think its a dumb sport in general. Like any sport you will have your trash talk about it. If you really want to box go for it. I know people who have gone into it, and never took it any further then sparing. Its a great workout. Never done it but my brother did for awhile. Myself I did Martial-arts for a bit. I found the arts I have taken to be a SUPER workout.

I know my aunt was was looking at one point to get into kickboxing. Just to shape up with no intentions on fighting.

but whatever your reasons, fight or fitness, go for it. You can always tell people to stick it if they trash talk ya for going into it. Lol maybe once you have done it for a bit they might not want to cross paths with you. hehe.
dpking44
dpking44
United States
2003/03/01, 02:50 PM
Great, another woman that wants to be able to kick a guys butt. We men don't have a chance anymore. lol
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/03/02, 02:15 AM
Oh LOL I never thought about it being negative for a woman to box..... Errrr that's what I do, I started boxing almost a month ago and wow I LOVE IT!!!
It gives me such a great work out (and I sleep like a baby after the training!)

You go boxing girl, you're the one who decide!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
pambam
pambam
New Zealand
2003/03/03, 10:07 AM

Go for it........

boxing is great........

I only do boxacise, but have been doing this for a few years not.......... it gives you so much definition in your upper body if you work hard at it
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2003/03/03, 10:47 AM
What negative reaction?
Dont you watch sports? Women boxing has been very popular lately.
GO-FOR-IT

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"