Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

WNBF Competition

jacksprat
jacksprat
United States
2003/03/27, 08:30 PM
There's a WNBF Competition in Des Moines IA 3 May 03. I'd like to attend, but have never been to one and don't know what to expect. Will there be men and women, older and younger? Are the crowds rowdy like at soccer matches? Is it really natural? I understand drug testing is pretty expensive. Honor system? Thanks for any help>
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/03/28, 11:58 AM
Go, learn, enjoy and be inspired. The crowds usually get rowdy, if your lucky, because it spurs the competitors on. There are usually a large range of ages and condition in the competitors in both the men's and women's divisions.
How natural it is varies from show to show, depending on whether they spring for testing and wht type of testing. i think (correct me if I am wrong here, people) that WNBF is fairly strict about testing, but i am not sure. I have only done one NPC show (not tested, though I am natural), and the shows i have attended have mostly been NP, where the 'tested' shows are really just lie detector and supposedly not very strict.
But definitely go - it will renew your workout enthusiasm!!

--------------
Challenge + Consistency = Results
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2003/03/28, 04:21 PM
The WNBF is very strict in there drug testing policies and pride themselves on that fact. The difference between NPC and WNBF is that the WNBF is sort of like the minor leagues compared to the NPC, hope I didn't offend anyone on that one. But I would definately check it out, it would be worth it and a good experience.