Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Wife is losing it trying to lose it

festivaman
festivaman
United States
2009/03/16, 01:48 PM
Ok I am a soldier deployed in Iraq and have been with my wife for 3yrs and married for 1. As long as I have known her she has been big so it does not bother me. But what does not bother some bothers others. I am very supportive of my wife in what ever she does so that is why I am doing this. Now a little about my wife, when we moved to ft bragg she was 280 and a size 20-22. she started working out in july she is now down to 253 and I am so proud of her but for her it is not enough. She expects it to just fall off like a pair of pants so she is frustrated. I try being very incouraging and telling her she looks great and I am so proud of her and she is an insperation to me. She does 30min on eliptical and light weights 5-6 days a week and does wii fit probley about 3 a week. She has totally changed what she eats with no soda, sugar and has cut out carbs almost totaly. Now we have 2 5yr girls so I dont want her to kill herself in the gym so she wont be able to play with the girls or get burned out but is what she does enough? I mean I dont really know how a womans body works in the work out aspects. Her goal is to lose 50 more pounds before I come home in dec of this year. She is very self concous and dont like asking people about this stuff that is why I am doing it.
MckennaWilson
MckennaWilson
New Zealand
2009/07/26, 07:24 PM
Hey has she tried heavy weights? I tried for a long time to get rid of my excess weight/flab... running, light weights, cycling - nothing worked until I discovered kettlebells. Heavy weights are what made it drop off and stay that way! Not only does it help in that area but it also makes bones strong which is great for combating osteoporosis in the future!
2009/07/28, 05:27 PM
Congratulations on her progress to this point. She needs to be encouraged to continue because it will only make it easier to play with those beautiful girls.

I agree with Mckenna that maybe an increase in the amount of weight used would not hurt, women do not muscle up like men.
Also carbs are not evil, they are the fuel our body runs on so maybe they need a change, things like whole grain breads and pastas, and fruits and vegies.

50 lbs by Christmas is possible and not too far off of the recommended no more than 2 pounds a week. She should not expect to lose more than that. There will also be plateau's, she will need more encouragement at those times, and a change in routine.

If she is willing there are many people here who would also help with the encouragement. She is lucky to have you in her corner.

--------------
madmama

It may be difficult but it is possible