Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Whopper vs. Subway Chicken Breast

howlandplace
howlandplace
United States
2009/05/06, 11:20 AM
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site, so I'm sorry if this has been addressed ad nauseum already. But, I was checking out the nutritional information for certain food, I noticed something interesting.

According to this website, a Whopper w/ mayo has around 670 calories and 11g of fat with 1,010mg of sodium, 95g of cholesterol and 51g of carbs A 6" subway chicken breast sandwich has 330 calories, 5g of fat, 1,010mg of sodium, 45g of cholesterol and 47g of carbs.

Now, if you double the numbers for the chicken sandwich for a footlong, you get 660 calories, 10g of fat, 2,020mg of sodium, 90g of cholesterol and 94g of carbs.

Is this really true, or is the info for these particular items wrong? A footlong roasted chicken sandwich is worse for you than a whopper? It has twice the carbs and it even seems like it has twice the sodium as well. Or am I just wrong in assuming that a 12" sub would have 2x the fat/carbs/etc as a 6" (I don't see how it wouldn't, but I'm new to all this stuff)

ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2009/05/21, 03:00 PM
The fat you quote for the whopper is low, it is closer to 40g.

That being said, compare the 6" chicken to the whopper and it makes more sense. You don't need to footlong. There is more bread on the subway sandwich so you get lots of carbs there. If you need more than a 6" get double meat on the chicken and you'll double the protein but only increase the calories by about 100.

Of course a footlong has more calories than a whopper, there is a lot more food there.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/05/21, 08:15 PM
Better yet, go for the 6" turkey on whole grain bread at subway, with Dijon and all the stuff and you come in under 6 grams of fat. Keeps you full longer because of the fiber, and a lot less fat.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)