Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Where to start???

domisgone
domisgone
Canada
2011/07/27, 12:15 AM
I'm 26 year old female.

I lost 75lbs 2 years ago, and currently sit at 130lbs at 5'1 tall.

My issue is I still have the fat in my stomach, and my arms and thighs feel soft and sort of flubby. I'm starting now to incorporate weights now. But obviously I'm not doing something right. So that's where I've come here. I still do my cardio 3 times a week for about 45 minutes (jogging and using a elliptical) but am at loss at what to do now. I hate my stomach... it just kinds of hangs there, and it kind of looks like a beer gut. I'm continuing my diet of eating well, avoiding the obvious junk food, breads, sweets and attempting to avoid alcohol... but just am at a loss...

Any suggestions to help me get started?
shelleyjet
shelleyjet
Australia
2011/08/07, 09:05 AM
Hi domisgone, ive just joined this site, i used to train hard on regular basis - but health and personal issues had played a part in my training stopping - I am ready to get right back into it again, and look forwards to this, may i suggest interval training, keep your heart rate up when doing sets, ie the 30 second rule - so inbetween sets you do some form of cardio and then back into your weights for another set..also - dont be afraid to lift heavier weights - if you can lift with ease - you really need to step it up and lift heavier, and ofcourse diet - i am struggling with this one myself - but am getting their - its a total lifestyle change and not temporary, but diet - 5-6 small meals a day, high protein, i hope this helps, Im no expert, but my cousin is professional marathon runner, and my sister-in-law is sports nutritionist, so i get good advise from them in addition to the personal trainer i had for years when i did train (weights - interval - and some boxing for cardio) wish you all the best in your success ! :)