Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

When your SO isn't into health...

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/02, 12:51 PM
this has been discussed many times before here..you should do a search on the fitbuddy below.

I have to agree partially with Bill because I have experienced that first hand with a previous SO (like the way you stated that..lol)

Just ask and get right down to it.

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
mrakwaters
mrakwaters
United States
2008/04/02, 12:05 PM
I'm just curious and could use some advice. I've been semi- health concerned throughout my life, but since I had my son this past year I've really gotten into great shape, eat well, etc.
The problem, during my pregnancy, my boyfriend put on about 60 lbs and has no interest in losing it. I invite him to the gym and he doesn't want to come. He spends all his time on the computer and eating what I consider to be a fair amount of junk. He's kind of depressed and blames it on his job, but I think it's the lack of exercise and over abundance of junk food.
Anyone else experience this with your SO? Does it pass? I really want to lead a healthy lifestyle and be with someone who cares about themselves. Is this something worth breaking up over and moving on, or is it something I just kind have to deal with? Thanks for taking the time to read this; I need to figure something out and any opinions are welcome.
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2008/04/02, 12:39 PM
Maybe, just maybe, now this is just a thought and my opinion, maybe he feels like he's being left out, meaning with the baby and your new found love of a healthy lifestyle ( Congrats on that by he way ) that he may be jealous and feel left out in the cold ???? Men can be scared of change and commitments, this you probably know already, this may just as well be his way of expressing it....

I would sit him down and express the same feelings to him as you did here, ask him whats up and wheres the relationship going, ask him what he wants. Im not sure if males can feel or relate to post pardom like a woman does, maybe it takes the form of depression, if thats the case, a trip to the doc and/or therapist may be in order....

But if you truly care about him, tell him that you are concerned about his health and want and need someone thats going to be there for you and the little bambino when it counts the most, if he doesnt love himself fisrt, there's noway he'll come around on his own....

My two cents, hope you dont mind...

--------------
What you do in life, will echo forever in eternity.

----------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Bill

mrakwaters
mrakwaters
United States
2008/04/02, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the input. It's appreciated. Yeah, I saw a psychologist after the baby and we kind of assumed it's his own post partum. We even discussed the whole him being left out possibility (hence, I invite him to the gym with me.) Everything you said makes sense. Considering I've already tried and done the above suggestions, I'm guessing I'm just nearing the end of options; but perhaps to move on. We both know what the problems are, approached possible solutions so...