Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

when to stop

wagz
wagz
Canada
2002/05/02, 09:11 PM
I work out 6 times a week but do different body parts on different days. Normally i end up doing chest of shoulders twice a week and each day i do 4 or 5 exercises a day. I was wonder if that is to much? Is it right to train one muslce group really hard ( 5 exercises ) one day and not do it again for the rest of the week? I have been on programs where you do the whole upper body in one day and cardio the next. What does everybody think is better?
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/02, 09:16 PM
You could be overtraining and maybe hurting yourself more than your actually helping.. if you can do your shoulders and chest twice a week and your not hurting anything I would probably say go for it.. as long as your giving them both sufficient time to rest.. but really you don't have to work them both that often.. and if either one is sore you probably should avoid working them again until their healed... and there are various programs out there.. ones that work your upper body one day.. then lower the next.. push/pull routines.. and so on.. so far i've made pretty good progress with the ft programs (usually work one muscle group once a week.. other than calves/abs)... I would say give em a shot and use what works best for you.. but then again I haven't tried those other programs so I'm not really sure if their a waste of your time...