Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

when should i stock up on protein??

jimsmith6
jimsmith6
United States
2003/10/18, 02:02 PM
im 16 and weight 132 im 5'8'' and im tryin 2 gain weight and i wuz wondering if the more protein you have will u gain more muscle? Also is it better to have foods such as tunafish,eggs, and milk or whey protein cuz i have both and i wuz wondering which one will give you better and quicker results? And when is the best time to stock up on protien like rite after a workout or the day after you workout? And if i should take creatin or not cuz i took it fo like 3 weeks and it really wuznt doin nuttin and my friend told me all it does to your muscles is put water in them plz let me know if this is true.... thank you for your responses ppl
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/10/19, 09:39 PM
jim,
protein is important all the time. Different types of protein are better at different times due to how fast they are absorbed into your system. Within 1/2 hour of working out you would be best off using your whey protein. It absorbs fatsest.
It is important to eat quality foods all the time.
Look up my post 'protein primer' in the nutrition section.
Good luck!

--------------
Challenge + Consistency = Results
"You do or you do not. There is no try." - Yoda
borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2003/10/20, 11:46 AM
At your age you really don't need to take creatine. Just eat and eat alot. Creatine does make your body hold more water, but it also gives you more strength for lifting. This is of course only if you drink lots and LOTS of water and complelty cut caffine (soda, coffee, all of it) while taking it.

--------------
- Its never about how much you can lift, or how many reps you do. Its just about doing it, and doing it right.
- If your hungry all the time, your not eating enough. And anyways, being hungry sucks.

~Brad~
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/10/20, 03:55 PM
just remember yes protein is very important......but also carbs are too...we get engery from carbs thats r engery source. Just make sure they r good carbs like whole grains, past wheazt bread brown rice, and also reamember to take in pleant of vegitables too...... i like to use the rainbow method........for every color of the rain bow try to eat one piece of fruit or vegie for that color...(ex apple for red, grapes for purple etc)