Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

wheelchair exercise

mootherm
mootherm
Canada
2003/01/19, 01:55 PM
Hello!! I've recently started a lifestyle change and have lost quite a bit of weight. I really enjoy swimming laps and can feel my shoulders gaining strength. I had major surgery on my right ankle two years ago (tarsus fusion) and am awaiting the same surgery this spring. I need to know about exercises that I can do that can continue on the body improvement/weight loss while I am in a wheelchair for several months. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated!!
Marly
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/19, 04:15 PM
Hi mootherm and welcome to freetrainers. Congradulations on your lifestyle change. And just to let you know a friend of mine had that same surgery done, and was 100% success. He can now walk again and no pain.
To answer your first question, go in the over 40's area of the board, there is a thread in there "Anyone over 40 here?"
There is a gentleman by the name of Steve, he is a wheelchair weightlifter. Contact him and I'm sure he will have good info for you.
Good Luck

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada