Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

What to Do in Chicago

CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2009/01/12, 06:21 PM
I need people to give me tips for what to do while we are in Chacgo for 4 days over the weekend. If you have any great places to see/eat/hang out, let me know! :love:
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2009/01/13, 12:02 AM
Ummmm.....

Visit Millenium Park and the Buckingham Fountain
The Navy Pier off of Lake Michigan
The Sears Tower
Go to Wrigley Field (Cubs stadium) one of the oldest btw
Visit Soldier's Field (Chicago Bear's)
Visit Racine & Taylor (Al Capone's old stomping ground)

That is a just a few to name....it is a beautiful town.:love:

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2009/01/13, 12:02 AM
Oh and eat at Gino's Pizza for the best Chicago Deep Dish Pizza!

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2009/01/13, 11:31 AM
I know we were planning on stopping by Giordinos Pizza. Is that the same place, or a different one?

Soooooo excited! Soooo nervous too!! :laugh:
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2009/01/13, 09:11 PM
It's a different one, I believe I misspelled the one I put though, it might be "Geno's"

It is a beautiful city...the cleanest downtown you will ever see...

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2009/01/13, 09:12 PM
Oh and take the little tour boat that goes through town, it takes you past the Chicago Sun (newspaper) and Times and other old architectural buildings from way back when if you get a chance. The night time one is pretty romantic. :)

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
Gerrit_Lee
Gerrit_Lee
United States
2009/01/14, 10:15 PM
I went to chicago with my family in fall two years ago. We went to Giordinos pizza and it had a good atmospere with great pizza. Something we did that was unique is we went to the Sears Tower at night when the fog cleared from that day and the view was amazing, but the walk back to our hotel was a little scary. Shedd's Aqurium is really nice, especially the dolphin shows, but can be crowded Also you have to see the magnificent mile its probably the nicest place for walking and shopping in Chicago.

--------------
Not just another New Years resolution
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2009/01/20, 12:06 PM
Thanks for all the info. It was so cold while we were there, that we didn't get into Chicago, never mind the fact that the train was shut down lol. We had a good time just hanging out at the hotel and the Gurnee Mills Mall. Seeing my bubba was amazing, and even moreso was the 30lb loss he made. He looks completely different now, in a good way of course!! :love:
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/01/22, 08:55 PM
Go see a Black Hawks game!:big_smile:

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)