Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

what is safe for the baby??

HappySnappy10
HappySnappy10
United States
2007/06/19, 04:54 PM
i am pregnant!!!! :big_smile::big_smile: so what kind of excersises should i be doing? my doc told me to stay in shape to make the labor go better, but every "home remidy" i have tried makes me have pain, so is there something safe that i can do?? i know walking is good, i do at least half an hour of that a day, it helps, but is that enough??
thanks for the help!

--------------
babys make everyday a free day!!
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2007/06/19, 05:18 PM
What was you fitness level like before you got pregnant?? If you were moderately active before you got pregnant, than it is alright to continue moderate exercise for the most part of your pregnancy.
However if you were not very active before you got pregnant, it is not a good idea to begin vigerous activity now. Walking, like you have mentioned is a great idea. There are also many pilates/yoga/areobics videos that you can buy that are specifically for women who are pregnant.

You may also want to talk more with your doctor about what other types of exercises would be great. Again, it all depends on how active you were before you got pregnant, that will determine how physically active you should be during your pregnancy.
2007/07/05, 07:17 AM
Congrats! I'm also pregnant and find that at this point i'm just so tired, i don't feel like working out. Another thing that i learned is the pregnancy hormone HCG loosens up your tendons and ligaments so we are more prone to injury during this time. I feel like my shoulders are on the brink of popping out all the time, so right now i'm lifting lower weights than what i was doing before. Also, before, i would push through pain and struggle to finish sets but now its better just to stop. Its not worth it! Your body is to busy forming a healthy baby to be worrying about over fatigued and injured muscles. Good luck through the pregnancy (how far along? i'm 11 wks) and be sure to post pics once there's a belly showing, i will :)