Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

What is Hernia and how do you get it?

Fiveseven61
Fiveseven61
United States
2003/04/03, 11:28 PM
What is hernia and can you specificly tell me what the injury does?
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/04/04, 02:41 AM
There are several types of hernias, and they can be located in different areas of the body, including the groin, upper and lower abominal walls, etc. Generally, though, it is when either an organ or muscle tissue pushes through either another organ/tissue or an opening in the body. They can be very painful, and often you will be able to see or feel the lump under the skin. Hernias will never get better on their own, and can only get worse over time; and some may even become life-threatening. The good thing, though, is that many types of hernias can be repaired with laproscopic surgery, which is out-patient. For the more serious cases, surgeons may even use Gore-Tex to repair the tissue, and when it heals, will be even stronger than the original.

If you believe that you may have a hernia, my advice is to see a dr ASAP and have it diagnosed. The quicker it's caught, the easier the repair may be. Good Luck....

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
Fiveseven61
Fiveseven61
United States
2003/04/04, 06:17 PM
i think my right groin kinda hurts when i walk or move my right leg. GODANGIT MAN!!!! SH*T I'm in deep trouble. I got this damn feeling since yesterday when i finished working out, first i felt some kinda little pain in my balls, then next day it kinda went away and in the evening i feel a little pain in my damn groin!!!. DANGIT MAN! I wish i had a damn timemachine and i can warp myself back! Now i gotta pay money for surgery i'm only 15 and my mom doesnt even know that i have this pain. It will probably go away tomorow i pray.
Fiveseven61
Fiveseven61
United States
2003/04/04, 06:23 PM
ok sorry for double posting but how does hernia feel and when does it appear? i'm not sure if i have hernia or not. i dunno i dont feel nothing except my right groin. is hernia suppose to happen on both groins?
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/04/04, 08:25 PM
Get checked by a Dr. And talk to your mother.
No better advice than that!~

--------------
We must become the change we want to see.

Ivan Montreal Canada
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/04/04, 08:43 PM
Dont mess with it! It may just be a pulled muscle but why take that risk. An inguinal hernia can be VERY serious, from testicle death to a strangled intestine (deadly), so get to a doc asap. If its nothing, then you have nothing to worry about. If it is something, the sooner it is treated, the easier it is.

--------------
Michael
Fiveseven61
Fiveseven61
United States
2003/04/07, 10:24 PM
My ummm balls dont hurt anymore and i dont feel anypain. I dunno but i'm so lucky. My friends say that they heard on the news that if u get a hernia you will get aids sooner or later. And i'm just hella trippin about that. Is this true?
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/04/07, 10:36 PM
No that is what they call an urban legend!
I still think you should have it checked.

--------------
We must become the change we want to see.

Ivan Montreal Canada
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/04/08, 02:01 AM
How in the hell would rupturing muscle tissue increase your risk of contracting a virus????? Sheesh, some people.....

Dittos to carivan: still go to the doc.

--------------
Michael
Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2003/04/16, 07:03 AM
I was born with double hernia (both sides of groin) cos i was born premature. My intestines were coming thru my abdominal wall! It wasn't operated on till i was 7. It didn't cause me problems, in fact no-one noticed anything till i was 6. Now i have a bad feeling that the stitches inside me have come loose or something cos occaisonally , when i do lots of running, or i coff or sneeze, i get a shot of pain underneath my operation scars. It only happens bout 4 times a year (this pain) so is it worth troubling a doctor with? Cud i just b paranoid?

--------------
*My body only feels good when it burns!
*Little voice telling you to quit? Put your fingers in your ears!
*"Life shrinks or grows in proportion to one's courage"
jenn_seg
jenn_seg
United States
2007/01/16, 01:21 AM
I have an Unbilica hernia. I got it from being pregnant three times and I would like to know what type of excesise should I be doing or not doing? I would like to loose the baby weight. I had it fixed about two yeard ago But my dr. said i tore it open just a little again. What should I do about the excersises?