Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

What do i do?

jonnnyko
jonnnyko
United States
2005/04/10, 08:40 PM
Okay so I've went to the doctors many times, I will always have shoulder(s) subluxations and pretty much they told me all I can do it to strengthen my shoulder muscles, but know I went back in due to some new pain in my shoulders and they found that my rotator cuffs are very sensitive and I have to take it easy till it gets better so they put me on Naprosyn for the pain but it doesn't seem to be helping at all. And the next step they said was to get Cortisone shots to decrease the inflammation and hope it will eventually get better. But I am curious and have been trying to find a new way to deal with the pain, like a different pain killer or something stronger other then a shot. If anyone has an advice or just information about something like this I would greatly appreciate it, it just seems like a big jump to me from a little pain pill to shots in my shoulders. Thanks to anyone who replies and most of all to freetrainers.com and its staff.

--------------
Jonathan
*** Nothing Is Real but Pain Now ***
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/04/11, 08:15 AM
sorry to say i dont know any drugs you can take. but whenever you are able to workout again, do internal and external shoulder cuff rotation exercises. i know i had rotator cuff problems, but after i started doing these, they really strengthened my joint. good luck!
jonnnyko
jonnnyko
United States
2005/04/11, 08:28 PM
thanks bropie, you have any exercises that you found were the best for you when you first started doing them? (not sure what exactly to do)...thanks

--------------
Jonathan
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/04/12, 08:31 AM
well essentially, your rotator cuff muscles are your SITS muscles (subscapularis, infraspinatus, teres minor, and supraspinatus) so you can do a search on the internet for things to strengthen these. i did a quick search and came up with

http://www.runningplanet.com/articles/article_detail.asp?article_id=758

about 2/3 down the page they explain the internal and external rotator cuff rotation exercises. These are the 2 i do, with the cables though. with the cables, (im pretty sure this is the correct explanation, someone check me if im wrong) you're going to be working in 2 planes of motion, as opposed to with the dumbell working only against one and gravity. however, you can offset this dumbell effect by lying on your side. does this make sense to you jonnny?
jonnnyko
jonnnyko
United States
2005/04/12, 11:03 PM
they worked quite nicely, i used them today....between you and everyone's help here and at the gym i think i can get back in track and hopefully plan to get competition status again hopefully in maybe 6-8 months. thanks bropie :dumbbell:

--------------
Jonathan
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/04/13, 08:31 AM
hey no prob bud.. keep me posted on your status :big_smile: