Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

what about nootropics/brain/memory/mood

2008/02/25, 03:09 AM
Wondering what everyone thought of nootropics?

I ask because i am currently taking some stuff and wanted to know how everyonelse liked or disliked them?

currentl taking:

5-htp (for mood enhancement)

vinpocetine
Brain octane 350

wondering what everyone thought, or if they think they are dangerous and why/why not?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/02/25, 09:21 PM
Research is ok on vinpocetine. I would recommend a couple things to go with it...a high DHA omega 3, talking 6-8 gr. per day and Huperzine A. The research on this stuff is awesome, and I feel I am a walking testimonial to it. I recommend a dose of 50 mcg. per day. I use it religiously, as well as the DHA amount mentioned. 5 htp can be an aid. I am a big fan of brain 'aid', and a pet 'project' with me. Use the DHA on a chronic basis, as this is where it exerts its best effects. There is more I could recommend in a blend, but the crux is the 2 mentioned.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

2008/02/26, 12:25 AM
bb1,
thanks for the advice,

long time since i posted on here, hope all is well with you!

Yeah i think i may have taken the 5-htp once and only once (recently) because man this morning i woke up with the largest migraine headache i have ever had in my life, close to vomitting!!

I believe it was the 5-htp, but it could have been the Brain octane 350 i was taking as well?

all i know is that i have researched the huperzine-a and it looks good, and vinpo as well

what is brain aid and pet project?

brane octane 350 ingredients:
http://www.superiornutraceuticals.com/images/facts/BRAINOCTANE_FACT.bmp

what do you think of this stuff?

It scares me to take stuff like this due to epilepsy, never had it but my brother did a lot when we were younger! seizures and stuff!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/02/26, 09:09 PM
I was simply referring to dimentia/brain function with age is a highly researched project by me. (thus pet project).

In your case I would recommend high doses of DHA and 50 mcg. or a bit more of Huperzine A.

There is also an herble product that you may have difficulty in finding, it is a subligual type product. The name of it is Cerebrum compositum. This is a great product that taken 'when needed' really works and works fairly quickly due to the type of absorbtion(subligual).

We have a chain here called Vitamin Cottage that carries it, it is not cheap by the way, this makes it another reason to use it 'when needed' only.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/02/26, 09:12 PM
Looking at the ingredients in your product, not really much there to get 'excited' about.

Another regimine to add to my prior post if you do not do it is green tea. Drink as much as you can in a day. It contains L-Theanine, a relaxing yet mentally stimulating amino acid. Add in the natural benefits of green tea and you can't lose.

--------------

2008/02/27, 03:25 AM
BB1,
i do drink green tea, but a lot of times it is the kind with sugar or a sweetener added.

Thanks for the advice, i will try the huperzine once i buy some, as for now, it is a day later and i still have a residual from my migraine!

i will let you know when i take the huperzine and let you know how it goes,

I take flameout by biotest what do you think of this?

I also want to get ahold of some stuff from :

http://shop.genuinehealth.com/ProductSelection.aspx?ProductID=3025&CategoryID=100

http://shop.genuinehealth.com/ProductSelection.aspx?ProductID=3025&CategoryID=100

which is better for moods epa or dha? and why? i have heard it from both that one is better than the other.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/02/27, 07:11 PM
DHA is much better. Drink your green tea not processed. Brew it yourself.

--------------

2008/03/02, 02:45 AM
i heard some decent results from aniracetam,oxiracetam, and piracetam...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic

^^lots and lots of various nootrpics...-racetams work well...as do other supps like choline, DMAE, inositol, etc...EFAs are also vital...
2008/03/02, 03:09 AM
BB1,
Thanks for all your help and advice,

I appreciate it.

Menace,
I currently take Brain octane 350 which has piracetam and choline and a few other items in it.

It seems to work very well,