Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Weird Hours @ Work

mbg
mbg
Canada
2001/06/04, 01:55 PM
I work weird 12 hour rotating shifts, so keeping regular shcedules is impossible. Also, sometimes I'm just too worn out too do anything but sleep. Anybody have tips for combatting this problem?
jpcorrao
jpcorrao
United States
2001/06/04, 04:08 PM
Irarely work out at the same time, or if somethings going on, even the same days. though i do try to stick with the workout /rest shedule
BillK
BillK
United States
2001/06/05, 12:32 PM
What kind of work do you do? Is it hard manual labor? anyway, lift before going to work. You don't have to do a complete body workout. Just do a couple routines per body part per day. Just do something and your body will respond. Be sure your eating proper while working. Do you pack a Lunch? if not start packing Lunches because vending machine food will kill you. Eat High carb foods every time you get a break; doing so will keep your engery level up. Be sure to drink lots of water (no soda pop the sugar in it will have you beat to death and very tired before days end). Low carb diets are only good for cutting up and you shouldn't do that year round, Therefore Eat carbs. Just keep the fats low and you will be just fine.

~billk~
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/06/05, 07:38 PM
Do you work 3-12's? How many days/week do you work. Most of it is getting into a routine around your work schedule. Nights? Days? Vary week to week? You really need only about an hour to an hour and a half to get your workout in. I work two nights with a day in the middle so my workouts are two afternoons and one night. I'm a brownbagger so I eat well, I hope you do the same.
mbg
mbg
Canada
2001/06/07, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I usually work 3 - 5 12 hour shifts a week. 7 pm - 7 am or vice versa; two of each a week. It's impossible to get into a routine, but I eat fairly well. I don't do much lifting (since I do it all day at work - labour) mostly cardio to keep healthy. Trying to shed a bit of flabbage. But sometimes I'm just too exhausted.