Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Weight gain after Recovery

swimgal85
swimgal85
United States
2004/09/24, 08:33 PM
Hi all,

I just joined a few days ago or so... but I'm not new to training sites, etc. I am so happy to find this section for eating disorders here because I have been a sufferer for at least 7 years until recently when I have been fighting for my life to make better eating habits a priority. I was bulimic/anorexic for almost all of my teenage years, totally non-physical apperance related. The eating disorder affected my body anyway however, and my once naturally slim and toned physique gave way to a less healthy one as my metabolism started giving up on me as a result of prolonged bingeing, starvation and excessive purging.

I was just wondering if anyone else has problems accepting that it will take a while for their weight to work itself out after recovery from an eating disorder. I can keep the weight and tone in check, but I always seem to either have to be constantly thinking about it (unhealthy thinking) or just ignoring it (unhealthy thinking again). I am starting to find a median range, but it's still frustrating that my body isn't ready to get back into shape. Anyone know how long this stage lasts, or what I can do to get out of it without developing an eating disorder again?

--------------
swimgal

Getting through a horrible day and still feeling like you did your best is the biggest accomplishment. - unknown
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/10/12, 02:01 AM
If you have been obsessed about food for so long then it's normal that it takes some time to stop thinking about it....
Try to concentrate about other things like shaping the body you want with resistance training and cardio. Think at food as a needed fuel to get to your goal.

Take a look around in the forum and you'll find plenty of motivation and great words! :)

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
www.nme-pro.com
neverAprincess
neverAprincess
United States
2005/04/04, 06:19 PM

============
Quoting from Philia2:

If you have been obsessed about food for so long then it's normal that it takes some time to stop thinking about it....
Try to concentrate about other things like shaping the body you want with resistance training and cardio. Think at food as a needed fuel to get to your goal.

Take a look around in the forum and you'll find plenty of motivation and great words! :)

=============
So true..there are so many people here to help. I only hope that I can come in handy for ya. Best of luck

All my love:love:,
Ashley.