Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Wanting to bulk up, need avice

jey2283
jey2283
United States
2006/11/23, 10:06 AM
Hello, i was looking for some advice. There is a best body competition happening in about a year that i would like to enter..and win.

i am 5'7 and currently 155lbs. i have been training consistently for 14 weeks and have put on some size, but nothing substantial. Over the course of these 14 weeks i gained 10lbs, but waist size remained the same (started at 142).

What can i do do really blow up my muscle mass? I have read too many conflicting methodolgies. ONe says low reps high weight. The other says its not weight, but volume. The one thing everyone agrees upon is eat eat eat. I don't want to get fat and big, but i am willing to take a couple of blubber lbs for the team (as long as i can cut it off layer). If someone can look at some recent photos i have taken to document my progress and recommend a regimne i would really appreciate it. My big question is what kind of lifting do i do to benefit from all the calories i will be eating? do i still do cardio? abs? how many calories do i am for? i have been aiming around 2650 with 150g of protein. Too much? too little?

thanks
http://www.sharenotesonline.com/wlpics/ (the pictures)
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/11/23, 11:44 AM
Well, generally speaking heavy compound lifts, 5-8rep range, progressively adding weight to the bar will put on mass. You have to overload the muscle on a consistent basis for it to adapt and grow. If you have diet down, then proper rest is the major underlying factor to your progress. Volume will do no such thing.

Good luck in your venture....one note...at 5'7" and 155 now, you will have to add quite a bit more mass, as 155 is lightweight as it is, and you surely don't want to go any lower.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
jey2283
jey2283
United States
2006/11/23, 02:11 PM
how many sets? break btw sets? do cardio? is my caloric intake enough?