Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

vpx dietex

imgrtful
imgrtful
United States
2007/09/04, 09:46 PM
just wondering if anyone has tried this and also to see if anyone knows why it was discontinued?
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/09/04, 10:33 PM
I havent used the product myself but i found this online for you....

Main active ingredient in dietex is hoodia from africa, this was cut and pasted from About.com regarding hoodia, hope this helps.

Hoodia is often touted as a herbal diet pill without side effects.

However, there have been no published studies on the safety of hoodia in humans.

Hoodia marketers often claim that hoodia has no side effects because the San Bushmen in the Kalahari desert of Africa have been using hoodia for thousands of years. But hoodia simply hasn't been around for long enough in North America or undergone safety testing to know the potential side effects, drug interactions, and safety concerns.

Jasjit S. Bindra, PhD, former researcher for hoodia at Pfizer (the pharmaceutical giant that licensed the rights to develop hoodia for $21 million but later returned the rights), stated in a letter to The New York Times that although hoodia did appear to suppress appetite, there were indications of unwanted effects on the liver caused by components other than the active ingredient p57 that could not easily be removed during processing.

Bindra added, "Clearly, hoodia has a long way to go before it can earn approval from the Food and Drug Administration.

--------------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Rabula Tasa- Latin meaning Clean Slate
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/09/05, 04:32 PM
its like any supplement..what may work wonders for some, may not do a thing for someone else..trial and error...
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/09/05, 08:53 PM
edit: i meant its like any fat burner/diet pill...