Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Veggie Greens

vinniebonez
vinniebonez
Canada
2007/02/08, 09:27 PM
As we all know there are a lot of healthy items to consume out there. Items that will reduce free-radicals, lower blood pressure, improve neural function, cleanse the colon, etc. etc.
I was at the health store and saw a powder supplement you can take that has extracts of 60 or so ingredients.

Ingredients include:

barley greens, alfalfa, buckwheat, spinach, wheat grass, aloe vera, parsley,spirulina, kelp, chlorella, dulse, green algae,fermented soy, brown rice powder, carrot, beet root, olive leaf, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kale, watercress, lecithin, flax seed oil, borage oil, pumpkin seed oil, evening primrose oil, CLA, acerola, quercetin, blueberry fruit powder, green tea extract, grape seed extract, bilberry, resveratrol, lycopene, lutein, astragalus, cranberry, milk thistle, Siberian ginseng, ginkgo biloba, hawthorn, dandelion, nettle leaf, Probiotic blend, FOS, protease, amylase, lipase, cellulase, bioperine,apple pectin, oat bran powder, inulin)

That is a lot of stuff!!

Can putting all that stuff in a powder form be good for you?

Does anyone use this stuff and have a real testimonial?

Is it alright to comsume that many different things at once?

The sales guy was saying people swear by it but I just dont know. What do you guys think? Effecient way to total nutrition? or just straight up overkill?
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/02/09, 01:23 PM
I've heard good things about one called Greens Plus. I imagine others are comparable, but haven't tried any yet. I think they are good to add to shakes to supplement what you're already getting from a healthy diet, but wouldn't think they'd be a replacement for fresh, green veggies.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/02/09, 08:55 PM
Cleanse the colon...that's a good one. Can you say scam? :big_smile:

On the serious side, I am a fan of the top brand green drinks. They make a greens and whey that is very tasty, Biochem puts this out.

--------------
"If it ain't broke, you aren't trying."

vinniebonez
vinniebonez
Canada
2007/02/10, 06:06 PM
putting the colon cleanse thing aside lol...

what do you think bb1? is taking the extracts of these ingredients a good move towards total nutrition ?

or just stick to the real deal ?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/02/10, 08:51 PM
The real deal is of course best, whole foods utilze an array of nutrients that work synergistically....supplements try hard to mimic this, but naturally fall short. However, if you are deficient in any way, this could be a great addition. I buy them when I 'feel like I have some extra money to burn' in the health food store.

--------------
"If it ain't broke, you aren't trying."