Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

vegan, training, unwanted weight gain

tobizarre
tobizarre
Spain
2009/12/19, 11:48 AM
I am a vegan and eat reasonably healthy (low carbs, low proteins, lots of veggies and some fruits), live an active lifestyle (walk or use public transport, cycle and go to the gym no less than 3x a week). Since returning to the gym I have begun to rapidly gain weight )in my legs and arms especially). Its freaking me out, as I have always been up and down the scale since my late twenties and i prefer to be down the scale than up it!!! What is causing this? Is it winter? Is it returning to the gym and lifting moderate amounts? I have an increased appetite but I do not feel that I am eating a ton more and typically when I increase food its in the form of vegetables. How can I keep the weight off??? I am worried about gaining more. I want to LOSE!!!

--------------
?Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.?
-Henry David Thoreau
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/12/19, 03:24 PM
Depending on how long you have been back at the gym, you are probably gaining muscle. Stay off the scale and rely on how your clothes are fitting, mainly the tummy, thighs, and glutes.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
tobizarre
tobizarre
Spain
2009/12/20, 02:02 AM
I dont step on the scale. These are my pants talking. My tummy is not so bulging as my thighs are getting larger and so are my arms. I am really wanting to shed 5 kilo. Mentally and physically it would be a good thing.

--------------
?Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.?
-Henry David Thoreau