Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

unbelievable!

effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2002/11/29, 06:03 PM
I can't believe this! I just found out through a mutual aquaintance that the guy I was seeing, who told me he really liked me, I was cute, beautiful eyes ect, ect. then suddenly stopped calling, plays a game with his best friend. The game is that they each pick a girl, and get a set amount of days in which to get her as crazy about them as possible, then drop her like a hot potato! The winner is the one that has her the most hooked when he disappears! Here I was, thinking that we were getting somewhere, and I was actually part of a game he plays to stroke his own ego. I'm a hot potato! This is the rudest thing that has ever been done to me! I was so excited because I thought we had so much in common (which he apparently made up) and I called my mom and grandma and aunties ect. to tell them all about this 'fantastic' guy. I feel like an idiot. I cooked this guy a full dinner, roast chicken, the works, and he was too much of a jerk to show up! I sat at home alone with my chicken! I don't think it's fair to lead someone on for a month, when you really have no interest in them whatsoever. Why do people do things like this? Ugh!! It's too bad that all the nice guys out there have deal with the bad image that some men give off.

----------------------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/29, 06:33 PM
Hey effalunt, I can't say I know how you feel because I am not a woman as you may already know! :)
All I can say is this, you know him, you know his tel # and you perhaps know his email address. What you can do is blow off your steam right in his ear.If he doesn't listen email him, tell him he's so low that he can play handball against a curb etc and you will feel better.
If you have seen the movie "Enough" with j-lo, almost the same happens to her at the beginning of the movie, turns out worse though. If you haven't seen it, try and rent it, you will see how lucky you were!
Psst wanna date an old man? Just kidding! :0)

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
mandre
mandre
United States
2002/11/29, 07:47 PM
I wish we had those silly smilies mine would be throwing up right now. Stupid, moronic, ego filled scum of the earth men. No, not all men are this way but a few bad apples do seem to ruin it. At least you know that. :)

I feel for you. Umm been in that kind of situation and my best defense was to tell other women umm how awful he was you know where. :)
Onto me like a hot potatoe and I told him to take a hike and some other unmentionables. Yep I was really mean when I was younger.

Take care. You only have to impress yourself.

:) Melissa

--------------
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
- -- Aristotle
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/11/30, 08:20 AM
Well, as hard as it may be.....ignore it ever happening and be somewhat wiser from the experience. Never stoop that low to get even, although that is SO what you would like to do. I just wouldn't add to their excitement (whatever you want to call their a-hole ways) by any sort of reaction. I am sure every woman out there has had some rotten luck with men...and vice versa with the guys! I've had my share but really with one major relationship. YOU just learn from it! Just don't let the "bad" rub off on another relationship. Can be hard to do but you can!
mandre
mandre
United States
2002/11/30, 10:56 AM
Workingoutgirl,

I never meant for her to "stoop that low." I wanted to let her know that stupid situations happen to all of us and she was not alone. I was 19 when this happened! I did not know any better. Now I am wiser and yes it is best to ignore it because some people like the reaction you give them.

She will eventually meet that fantastic man. When she leasts expects it. Not all men are pigs just like not all women are psycho.

:) Melissa

--------------
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
- -- Aristotle
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/30, 01:05 PM
:)
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2002/11/30, 02:16 PM
Oh, I've got a lot of ideas about what I could do to him if I had the chance. One involves mailing him an anonymous letter stating that he may have contracted some nasty std and should be tested asap. I didn't sleep with him, so he'd never think I'd sent it, and apparently they test for those things in a very unpleasant way. I'm not a vengeful person by any stretch, but it makes me feel a little better. I won't stoop to his level, but I do almost feel like I should do something to set him straight about what he can and cannot do to women.

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe