Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Training for a test

cheyne123
cheyne123
Australia
2007/06/20, 05:57 AM
Hello I am in the Defense force and wish to pursue a career in the personal training industry while in the Defense. There is a barrier test before you can be selected to do the personal training course, this is why I am writing this to you, My question for you is, Is there a program that you can set up for me to complete the following to my full extent and at the same time stand out from the rest of the group. The test consist of a 2.4km run, 5km run, 800m run and a 100m run. then there is the weights side of things which consist of the following, bench press 65% of your body weight with 47 reps to score max points, squats with 100% of your body weight with 72 reps for max points, bicep curls 35% of your body weight, there is also chip ups with 19 being the max for the points. They are the main exercises that I wish to excel in for this test. Currently I have been working out 6 times a week for the past three months, I'm finding that what I have been doing in the past three months put on size and muscle but as far as the test goes for this course that won't help me. At the same time I am constantly tired and on and off with the cold.

Short Question whats the quickest and simplest way to get myself ready for this test?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2007/06/20, 07:59 AM
Welcome to FreeTrainers!

I'd love to answer your question(s), but I need to know a couple things first: Are you male or female? I'm assuming male, but I just want to be sure. When is your test? I need to know what kind of timeframe we're working with here.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."