Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

too high?

ebolaprjr
ebolaprjr
United States
2002/05/20, 07:35 PM
Hi. I just started my workout routine and nutritional plan today. I am looking to lose some serious weight and just tone up a bit. I find that 3530 calories a day seems a bit much....Is this because it is calculated for someone who wants to gain weight in muscle or is it just off or is it actually normal? help is most definietly wanted seeing how my mom is pretty upset. She believes this whole thing is a crock and that I should do weight watchers...I hate weight watchers...HELP!!!!
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/05/20, 07:39 PM
Check out how you answered the metabolism question. If you answered that you had a fast one, it'll increase your calorie requirements. Your body can use more calorie intake than you think. Just spread it out with 4-6 small meals and consume most of your carbs earlier in the day. If you consume 2'3's of that 3500 for dinner, your mom is right.
ebolaprjr
ebolaprjr
United States
2002/05/20, 07:47 PM
I answered that I had a really low metabolism which is true...and no I don't consume evern close to that many calories a day evern now...so I don't see how consuming more will help me to my ultimate goal (massive weight loss)?
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/05/20, 07:56 PM
How many calories do you consume in a day? And how many of those calories come from fat? If most of them are fat calories, that may be the problem, and I would stick with what FT says as far as calories and everything. If you don't eat enough, you're body goes into survivor mode and tries to store that extra fat. Once you start your FT program, you'll start gaining muscle which will also help you lose weight in the long run.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/05/20, 07:58 PM
Mothers are always concerned when we do things differently, it's in their nature.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/21, 01:32 AM
Yes it seems a little high for you.
Okey forget about the calories and try this one for a while: eat 6 small portions daily.
Ex; 1.meal some oats with a fruit and cottage cheese (or yoghurt or egg whites...)
2.meal a protein shake with a fruit
3.meal white chicken or fish with green salad (no bread!!)
4.meal yogurt with some celery or carrots (make the yougurt into a great dip by adding some herbs...)
5.meal chicken, fish or other lean meat with veggies or a soup
6.meal protein shake with some nuts and almonds

Now this is no wonder diet but just a suggestion to you how you could start to eat healthy.

I don't even count calories any longer but I know that my (cutting) diet is around 1800-2000 cal daily.

Of course it's a matter about total calorie intake but often it's just a question about WHAT you eat and not HOW MUCH.

Good luck to you!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/21, 01:35 AM
Oh by the way, drop all fruit juices but eat REAL fruit, no more hard fat (as in butter or margarine) and absolutely no fried food either.
Forget the white bread and while you are dieting forget the desserts as well.
Stop eating too much sugar, but if you really want some then eat it with a little bread or a yoghurt.
Give yourself one cheat meal weekly but then only if you have been able to stick to the diet the whole week.

You want results? You really want to change your body? It's all in your head and of course you can do it!!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
ebolaprjr
ebolaprjr
United States
2002/05/21, 12:46 PM
thanks philia...its really helpful