Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Toast before bed with protein?

nightvision
nightvision
United States
2007/07/07, 10:44 AM
I have been hearing mixed messages about carbs before bed. Some people it seems have whole grain toast with tuna, cottage cheese or natty peanut butter. Other posts I have read say that no carbs are good before bed.

I was under the impression that you need a low glycemic carb with the protein to help slow the digestion / absorption.

Can anyone shed some light?

THanks!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/07/07, 05:30 PM
If your body needs fuel, it does not matter. Feed it. ONe of my favorites is whole grain toast, melted peanut butter on it and sprinkle protein on top.

Add some cottage cheese as a side dish, and voia', nourishment for a hungry body/muscles.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/07/07, 06:30 PM
Yeah what BB1 has taught me and works real well for me is if I haven't already surpassed my carb intake for the day then no time is a bad time for carbs, it's when you have reached your limit and just keep going and doing it daily and or make bad carb choices.

Example, I stay real good on my diet so I can endulge and surpass in carbs for a day but I do this in moderation meaning not every chance I can get but when it feels right without guilt

So yesterday although I had all my meals in place and ate as my diet goes I also had some extra calories with about 3 to 4 slices of pizza which totally took my cabs over I even had a slice before bed with a shrimp salad and guess what I didn't wake up fatter or off target or guilty at all because I don't do this often but make my choices and timing proper!

One great thing come when you finally have your self figured out is the guilt free meals or snacks and timing of your foods and I think thats diet at it's best when you don't have to feel bad or second guess your choices.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
ssminnow
ssminnow
United States
2007/07/07, 09:56 PM
Thanks Guy's!

BB1, I read that in one of your other posts and I love it. That's why I wanted to see if it was ok.